February 2014 Moms

Food allergies (rant, poll)

I'm well aware it's a common pregnancy symptom to be more sensitive to allergies. I'm allergic to chocolate, usually I can have some and be fine (half a candy bar, a brownie), the other day I had 3 Andes chocolate mints and I started feeling itchy all over a few hours later. Today, I had one thinking it might be ok this time, nope wrong, itchy again, son of a. I guess chocolate is just gonna have to be totally off limits til february. When I was pregnant with my son I had chocolate cake on my birthday and wound up in the ER covered head to toe in hives (never made the pregnancy sensitivity connection til now though). I just wanted to complain, also made me curious to what you all are allergic to?

Re: Food allergies (rant, poll)

• I'm lactose intolerant, but only a little- I can have a bagel with some cream cheese, or pizza, but not something really dairy-based. And nothing in drink form, like milk or cream(even just a little in my coffee gets me)

Typically for cooking and eating cereal, I buy lactaid milk. It's got the enzyme I don't make anymore, so I can digest it.
    NOT WHEN PREGNANT.
    Apparently I'm much more lactose intolerant when pregnant, I can basically have my bagel with just a little cream cheese and nothing else. It make me think that maybe LO needs non-dairy too, because I read somewhere that I might regain the ability to digest the dairy when pregnant because of LO and their enzymes.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • No allergies, but damn a chocolate allergy during pregnancy must be awful!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been more dairy intolerant too, yogurt and milk (usual favorites) have been out of the question for weeks now. Silly pregnancy.
  • I have. An anaphylactic reaction to nuts so I haven't tested that one out. ;-) but in general, my skin is a lot more sensitive to anything and my seasonal allergies have been kicking butt. It's like my whole body is super sensitive to anything right now,
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • I usually don't have any food allergies but I've been noticing that if I eat anything with too much milk or cheese, LO is not happy! makes me sad because I loooove me some cheese and cream cheese!
  • I have a gluten allergy. I've been off gluten for years and do glad bread no longer tastes like cardboard but sometimes I'm so hungry I forget that most fast food has gluten in it and I get very sick not long after that Big Mac or 10 piece nuggets. And don't even get me started on seasonal allergies in the north east this year!! Migraines every day!!
  • Shellfish. It just started in my late teens too. I miss lobster and crab.
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Shellfish. It just started in my late teens too. I miss lobster and crab.
    I'm allergic to shellfish too. I found out during lunch in middle school when we had shrimp. That was a fun day...
  • mythaldomythaldo member
    edited August 2013
    Mine isn't quite considered an allergy, but I'm not supposed to eat acidic foods because I have interstitial cystitis. Acidic foods irritate my bladder, but usually only when it flares up. I had to quit all acidic foods for 6 months when I first found out, but I was able to bring some of them back when the flare went away.

Now that I'm pregnant, acidic foods irritate my bladder again, but not as bad as they did when I was flared up, so I can only have them in moderation. I really miss citrus fruits and juices, yogurt, and tomatoey things because they really set it off, but I can still have a little coffee, chocolate and the occasionally spicy food without paying too heavily for it.
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"