December 2013 Moms
Options

Frustrated by insurance issues

So after finalizing my divorce, I was able to marry my baby daddy! Super fantastic awesomeness- married privately, at a waterfall, beautiful weather,... BUT now I'm in insurance crazy land.

I was dropped by ex (expected) and would be picked up by husband. The problem is that he just got a new job and we have a 30 day lapse, so we need to check out our Cobra options. Alright, so there's some out of pocket expense, not going to kill us... Well, now my docs are out of network and I LOVE them. Uhhhhh

Re: Frustrated by insurance issues

• Options
    Ask you dr. if they have any recommendations for drs. in your network. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok I'm a nosy bi-atch and I want to know more.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AFIIAFII member
    The new carrier that I'll be on is out of network. I'm considering checking my out-of-network plan and paying the deductible. I love them that much!
  • Options
    AFIIAFII member
    I already did it with the first plan, it was a $600 deductible.
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:
    And is it okay that I'm more interested in the ex/baby daddy (eek, that term) saga than the insurance?
    Ditto.
  • Options
    AFIIAFII member
    Just not sure if it will be the same this time around. Ex was a teacher, so the plan was excellent.
  • Options
    AFIIAFII member
    Cashingn2 said:

And is it okay that I'm more interested in the ex/baby daddy (eek, that term) saga than the insurance?

Yeah, that's easy. Separated from ex husband and met new husband. We knew we wanted children right away. We started trying pre-divorce and ex knew and was happy for us. Amicable divorce- we got married very young and he no longer wanted to have children.

And baby daddy was a joke. I actually love calling him that. It cracks me up.

• Options
    AFIIAFII member
    Cashingn2 said:

AFII said:

Just not sure if it will be the same this time around. Ex was a teacher, so the plan was excellent.

I bet so. Now, how long did it take you to get the divorce finalized? When was it finalized? How long have you been with baby daddy (again, eeek)?
    A year and a half to finalize. Finalized in July. A year with dad. It's hilarious that I was with him for such a short time and we just knew. I was with my ex for four years before marriage and then married for 8 years.

• Options
    Cashingn2 said:

AFII said:

Cashingn2 said:

Yeah, that's easy. Separated from ex husband and met new husband. We knew we wanted children right away. We started trying pre-divorce and ex knew and was happy for us. Amicable divorce- we got married very young and he no longer wanted to have children.

Not nearly as juicy as I hoped. Clearly, I'm bored today. Can I call you Kim K?
    Agreed, I was hoping for a big story. I'm happy for you though, it sounds like everything was smooth sailing!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    AFIIAFII member
    Cashingn2 said:

AFII said:

Cashingn2 said:

Not nearly as juicy as I hoped. Clearly, I'm bored today. Can I call you Kim K?

NO! Lololol after she showed that she couldn't dress her pregnant butt, I will stay far away! Haha
  • Options
    AFIIAFII member
    I will be comparing everything. I just know that I shopped around in the beginning and settled on my docs for a reason. Hoping there's a magic doc that was hidden in the wings before.
  • Options
    Ugh that sucks. Make sure your insurance company knows you like your current doctor, if enough people ask, maybe they'll add them.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    If you can.afford out of pocket for 1 month, so.I guess its ok. Do you have any appointments coming up? Could you just delay them until dh does get insurance ?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AFIIAFII member
    google123 said:

If you can.afford out of pocket for 1 month, so.I guess its ok. Do you have any appointments coming up? Could you just delay them until dh does get insurance ?

We have to pay for Cobra for one month, then my doctor doesn't take his insurance.
  • Options
    Would you qualify for a state insurance? In OK we have SoonerCare, which actually covers a LOT of doctors, and you can go on it for maternity only, and keep the insurance you have. It's super confusing and I don't understand a lot of it, but many moms don't have to pay a dime for their doctor, hospital or anything. 

You have to have a low income for it though, but since you don't have insurance at all for a month, you might still qualify, but it depends on the state, too. 

AFIIAFII member

Would you qualify for a state insurance? In OK we have SoonerCare, which actually covers a LOT of doctors, and you can go on it for maternity only, and keep the insurance you have. It's super confusing and I don't understand a lot of it, but many moms don't have to pay a dime for their doctor, hospital or anything. 

You have to have a low income for it though, but since you don't have insurance at all for a month, you might still qualify, but it depends on the state, too. 
    No, we wouldn't qualify for any aid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"