November 2013 Moms

Lola vs Isla vs Charlie

Re: Lola vs Isla vs Charlie

• JMRMJMRM member
    (Baby names...for a girl)
  • I love charlie!
  • Loading the player...
  • Lola and Isla are both nice names. Charlie just strikes me as a little boy's nickname, so I don't love it as a full name for a girl.

I like Isla the best.

The baby names board would probably give you some good responses/ suggestions/ inspiration.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Of the 3 I like Isla.

Lola is NMS and I do not care for Charlie as a girl's name, not even a little bit.
  • I like Charlie as a nickname for Charlotte, but not just Charlie. I feel like if you name your kid Lola they will get sung to a lot. "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love the name Charlie so that gets my vote! In fact my sister was stuck on names for her little girl and I suggested Charlie in honor of my father Charles who passed away when we were teens. She loved it and everyone compliments my niece on her name!
  • I like Lola and Charlie over Isla. I think Isla De Mujeres when I hear it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Isla best then Lola. Enjoy your lil girl :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Back when we were planning on being team green I told DH we should just plan on Charlie or Lola.  =)  I'm all for naming children after cartoon characters.  

BTW, it drives me crazy that people are ruining perfectly good boy names by giving them to girls.  Please, if you pick Charlie give her a girl name as her real name. 

Oh, and I like all your name choices. I'm so helpful.
  • CFox815 said:

I know quite a few dogs named Lola. It always makes me think of dogs or maybe a seductive girl.

Well damn!
  • I like Charli, spelled without the e for a girl, the most, but only if her real name is Charlotte and it's a nickname. Isla will get mispronounced a lot, and Lola is not a name most people take seriously (stripper name, sorry). Looove Charli though!!
  • My LO is going to be named Charlotte Katherine with the nickname Charley.  I was going to call her Charlie until I met a girl at work last year named Charley and decided I loved that spelling.   Its a family name on both sides of our family, my husband's grandmother is named Charlotte, named after her father Charles.   My stepfather is named Charles, went by Charlie in his childhood.  So you know which name I am a fan of.   ;)
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Lola and Isla are NMS, but good names.

Charlie is a boy's name, IMO. I don't mine Charlotte for a girl, but even the I don't like the nn Charlie. 1) I think boys names should stay on boys and 2) it makes me think of Top Gun - lol
  • amberrrjadeamberrrjade member
    edited August 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nVXmMMSo47s

ETA: Lola and my obsession with drag queens.
    BLAD reppin'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"