May 2014 Moms
Options

Seasonal Allergies?

Is anyone dealing with seasonal allergies right now? How are you treating them?

I don't think I can deal with my itchy palate, and sneezing anymore. It's getting worse by the day. I'm pretty sure I am going to sneeze this baby right out. 

Re: Seasonal Allergies?

• Options
    This is gross but to alleviate some symptoms I stick a tissue up my nose and leave it there.  I never leave the house like this though!!  It gets rid of some of the itchiness and that constant need to keep sniffing.  

• Options
    I was up at 3:30 this morning having an allergy attack.  It was awful.  I also utilize the "nasal tampon", especially at night when it drips out all over your pillow.  I took Benadryl last time around, so if it gets much worse I'll do it again this time, but probably not until after 1st tri.  I can tough it out for now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha...nasal tampon. Just when I thought I couldn't get any sexier! I will try it.

@HatchetFace yes I have been trying a saline spray for the last few days. It's been working ok for my nose but doesn't do much for my throat, which is the worst. 

Thanks ladies
  • Options
    Claritin! It's a pregnancy safe med and I take it every day. I still feel miserable on super high pollen count days, but it really does help.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    O man am I glad to find you guys.  I have had the worst allergies ever since a day or two of conception.  I don't normally have allergies.  Ok, maybe slight allergies but nothing that has ever required me to take meds.  I am waking up in the middle of the night with allergy attacks.  It's horrible.  The worst attacks happen at night. Is anyone using allergy eye drops?

I haven't had my first doctor visit and wont for a few weeks because I have to head to work in NYC next week.  I could sure use some relief though.  Anyone have some "natural remedies"?
  • Options
    My eyes aren't usually too bad so I'm not using eye drops. The only other thing I do is shower before bed to get the allergens off of me and keep them off the bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"