January 2014 Moms

Emotional morning

In the car bringing DH's bff home. His unit just got home from Afghanistan this morning. The redeployment ceremony was very short, then they were able to reunite with their families. Seeing the first moments with him, his wife, and baby were so sweet. It was too emotional for this pregnant lady!

So not ready to be in the same gym only to say goodbye to my own husband in less than two weeks.

DH was so excited to see him (they were in Afghanistan together in 09-10) that he stayed up all night because he was afraid to over sleep. Silly boys and their man loves :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Emotional morning

• Aww that's the sweetest thing ever!  I want to cry and I wasn't even there/don't know them. Ha!

How long will your DH be deployed?  Will he miss the birth?

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Aww, that's cute! I can't imagine having to go through all of that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Love this story, don't love the deployment for your hubby. :( Hope y'all enjoy these next few weeks!
  • :( I feel for you, I wouldn't want to say goodbye. When does he return?
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Sending thoughts and prayers to your DH on his deployment. We are here for you should you need us! ::Hugs::

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Thanks ladies. It was great to be there and see all the families rushing to their soldiers. Reminded me of when I graduated Basic training lol.

DH will be gone a year. He'll get two weeks for R&R, so we are going to hope he can make the birth but he will likely be home after baby is born.

imageimage

• You made me well up!
    So sorry your DH is leaving! :( You'll all be in my prayers!

• That's beautiful. Deployments are so difficult, I'm sorry you will have to go through one pregnant and then with an infant.

MH deployed 2 weeks after E came home from the hospital. I had a very, very difficult time. If you need to talk or vent, we're here! I found it easier to talk to strangers last time than my friends. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Yup, I'm teary eyed, too.  Anytime I need a good cry, I watch military reunions on youtube.  I can't ever fathom what it's like to deal with it!  I don't like it when DH has to stay at work late.

• That's beautiful. Deployments are so difficult, I'm sorry you will have to go through one pregnant and then with an infant.

MH deployed 2 weeks after E came home from the hospital. I had a very, very difficult time. If you need to talk or vent, we're here! I found it easier to talk to strangers last time than my friends. 
    I agree, it's easier to talk to strangers. I'm not sure why, but it's just more comforting right now.

imageimage

• Aww love the story about your dh & his BFF :-) so sorry he will be leaving & t&p's for a safe deployment

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm so glad to hear that your friend made it home safe. I am always a crying mess at those ceremonies. And I am so sorry you have to go through a deployment. I've done  it 5 times with my DH, and it royally sucks. If you ever need to talk/vent/whatever, PM me and I can get you my personal contact info. 

Sending hugs and positive thoughts for a safe and easy deployment for you and DH.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

• megngregk said:
    That's beautiful. Deployments are so difficult, I'm sorry you will have to go through one pregnant and then with an infant.

I agree, it's easier to talk to strangers. I'm not sure why, but it's just more comforting right now.

I liked strangers better because I felt like some military wives were like "Buck the fuck up, you aren't the first to miss your husband." Even stranger military wives were kinder than the women on base. I ended up going to a counselor and getting my PPD and PTSD diagnosed at the encouragement of strangers who cared more than my "friends."
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • megngregk said:
    Thanks ladies. It was great to be there and see all the families rushing to their soldiers. Reminded me of when I graduated Basic training lol. DH will be gone a year. He'll get two weeks for R&R, so we are going to hope he can make the birth but he will likely be home after baby is born.
    Again....you bring me to tears!  I will be praying his R&R will be the perfect timing, God Bless him and the service he does. 
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • megngregk said:
    That's beautiful. Deployments are so difficult, I'm sorry you will have to go through one pregnant and then with an infant.

I liked strangers better because I felt like some military wives were like "Buck the fuck up, you aren't the first to miss your husband." Even stranger military wives were kinder than the women on base. I ended up going to a counselor and getting my PPD and PTSD diagnosed at the encouragement of strangers who cared more than my "friends."
    I can completely see that. I feel like being dual military gives me even less of a right to be all sad and weepy because I'm supposed to know how this goes (I've never deployed, at least not yet). It's hard either way. We'll get through it, and I know I'll be busy so time will go fast!

@fredtheredhead2 -- five?? That's crazy. That takes so much strength on your part, too. My cousin's husband is an E-8 who has spent 5 of the 9 years deployed. They've got two young boys. I just can't imagine. Do you ever get used to it?

@cindilouhou77, I've really got to stop that! I'm sorry! ::hands over a spare tissue::

imageimage

• @megngregk I think, sadly, you do get somewhat used to it. His last deployment it took me less than a week to adjust to him being gone. Which was both sad and good. I had a much harder time reintegrating than he did when he got back too. For the first 6 years we were married he was gone for part (or most of) every year. Deployment was more our norm than being home. But we've been lucky and he's been home for two years now. We've adjusted and are enjoying it while we can. 

I think the biggest thing I learned is to have my own life while he is gone and not to just wait  around for calls or video chats. Getting out and doing things, being with friends, it helps the time pass much faster. And  you definitely don't have to "suck it up". You are allowed to be upset, angry, frustrated. I let myself have the occasional pity party and then got busy again. 

Like I said before, I'm here if you need a place to talk :)

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"