March 2014 Moms
Options

Is it normal for coughing to cause cramps?

I am 12 weeks pregnant, and have had a cold for a week now. It's in the constant coughing stage (I was literally up ALL NIGHT), and today the cramps started. When I cough or blow my nose I get what feel like menstrual cramps. I'm just a little concerned, and I have an appt on Wed, but I thought I'd get some feedback from you guys too. Is this normal? Is the baby ok? I've been coughing so hard that it often makes me heave, and sometimes I even vomit. Anyone else been through this ? Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    Maybe its round ligament pain (I think that's what it's called)? Maybe cause of the sudden moves. When I move fast or get startled I get some pains too, but I don't know. I would definitely call your doctor before your appointment again and ask. If your doctor is closed I know some insurances have a nurse hotline where you can ask medical questions. Take good care of yourself and I hope your feeling better soon and that all is alright.
    Married my best friend October 28th, 2005
    Found out we're expecting August 7th, 2013  
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Sounds like round ligament pain to me also.  Sometimes when I cough I'll get a sharp pain in my lower abdomen.  Do the cramps last a long time?  If not, I really think it's round ligament pain and you don't have anything to worry about.  But if you are really worried, it never hurts to call your doctor.  This is why they're on-call.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just sneezed twice and got pain in my lower abdomen. I think it's the muscles and ligaments. I also feel it when I get up from the couch quickly or bend over in a certain position. I wouldn't worry. Thins are stretching down and around there so there will be pain and discomfort.
  • Options
    I get those pains all the time
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"