January 2014 Moms

Husbands who travel....

Has anyone else noticed that as soon as their dh travels (mine travels nationally/internationally for work) all shit breaks out at home??? Usually it's pretty manageable, but this time is another story! Dh left for China Tuesday am, and since then every day has had bumps! Not huge things, but mostly annoying things that he usually takes care of- like the fact my Jeep was in the shop this week, and they didn't fix the right parts, so now it has to go back into the shop for a few more days- which isn't a huge deal, but i need someone to bring me to and from the Jeep dealership. Then, my neighbor knocked on my door late Thursday night, scaring the crap out of me, to tell me a tree guy was coming the next morning, and they needed to access our backyards through my yard, and park in my driveway. Of course dh decides that we need branches cut down too, so he sends me out to haggle with the guy and get ours done too! He's gone for one more week, and I'm hoping this week goes better!! Anyone else have this happen?

Re: Husbands who travel....

• Every time! DH deployed last year and within a month of him leaving we had a whole slew of issues. It's been kind of a blessing, though. I've become more independent and learned a lot of handy things.
    I hope your week goes better!

• Yep. It seems like someone always gets sick when DH is gone. The worst was when I was pregnant with DD and I had to have 2 horses put to sleep (after several weeks of one of them colicking, and trying to get her better). The trip he took before that I had a dog get really sick and she had to be put to sleep right after he got home. Now we consider it successful if everyone survives and when he's gone I get a little paranoid if any of the critters so much as sneezes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, shit seems to hit the fan when DH leaves for a business trip or goes offshore. I am kind of nervous having two now plus a dog when he is away for an extended time. Thankfully, I have a good built in network of friends here whose DHs' work in the same field. We all help one another out when our husbands are away.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Yup, I totally understand this one, mine is gone every week and of course with that rate something is bound to happen.  Only once was the situation major and he had to come home asap because it had to do with my health and getting to a hospital other than that.....I have been able to handle almost anything or been able to call a friend for the extra pairs of hands!
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"