Baby Names

Name popularity

We have two strong contenders for boy names. One of them is Joshua.
Joshua is ranked 17 on the ss list, but I seriously don't know and haven't met any Joshuas under the age of 10. Are you guys in other parts of the country flooded with Joshuas or something? Is it more common than we are aware of?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Name popularity

• I only know one. He's 7

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• My son had one in his preschool class last year.

FWIW I have a Matthew and an Andrew and they are similar in popularity.  It doesn't really strike me as being a big deal, they are all just classic names that will always be around.  Sure there might be another in your sons class at times but it really isn't that big of a deal.  In fact Joshua's twin brother's name was Matthew and they were all in the same class last year (out of 15 children) but it wasn't a big deal, even for 4 year olds.  Even if you chose a much less 'popular' name, there's always a chance your son won't be the only one!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know any Joshua's younger than my generation (the pushing 30 age group) - I think it's a great name!
  • Love Joshua! I don't know any under the age of 20!
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• I know one 6 year old Josh, that's it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm going to go out on a limb and assume we live in the same town. :) I also never hear Joshua and I know a ton of children. It was ranked #34 in OR last year so I think it just isn't as popular here.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I don't know any little Joshuas. I know quite a few in their 20's and 30's. It's a pretty classic name. I wouldn't worry about the popularity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really like that name, but I do know a lot of Joshua's.  It isn't a name I personally would use (due to name association with people I know), but it's a good name! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• It's very popular at my junior high. I have 2 this year. Last I think I counted about 10 in the yearbook.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I don't know any Joshua's at all
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • Thanks! I just wasn't sure if it was the same as the Liam, Aiden, Brayden, Jaden trend. I think it's just a classic name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know a lot of Joshua's in their 20s but only know one who is almost 1
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I just met a 4 mo old Joshua last night! I also know a 18 year old one. I'd say its common but not trendy.... Just classic, like PPs said.
  • I don't know any Joshua's younger than my generation (the pushing 30 age group) - I think it's a great name!

Same here
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know any
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Love Joshua!
  • I know a 4-or-5-year-old Josh and a 21-year-old Josh. I like the name.
  • I only know one under the age of 10 and he is named after his dad! They call him by his initials though instead of Josh.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• I don't know any younger than 20 or so..I like the name. My mom told me I would have been Joshua Jon had I been a boy.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • I know a 2 year old Joshua. I know a few who are in the age 4-6 age group. I know a fair number of teenage Joshuas, too.

Check out the SSA list that is specific to your state.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"