San Diego Babies

Makani vs Duhamel

I had my first appt with dr Makani and I really liked her, but while she was on maternity leave, they joined a larger group and now its a shot in the dark with over 20 doctors who will deliver AND they don't deliver at Scripps LaJolla anymore. I heard great things about Duhamel but called and you don't meet her until the second appointment. And she does not do meet and greets. Is she really that great? Is it worth dropping Makani (whose office messed up my paperwork for blood tests that I schedule myself) to go with a doctor that I won't meet until the second appointment but she delivers at LaJolla. Any advice would be great! By the way, I live in Encinitas and just moved from Florida. I heard to go to Scripps LaJolla over Encinitas and that was by a nurse who worked at Encinitas.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Makani vs Duhamel

• Welcome to North County, u picked a great spot! I don't know Makani but LOVE Duhamel! Highly recommend both her & Scripps LJ. They did a great job w/my niece who was a 3lb 6oz premie. My insurance changed so I no longer have Duhamel & will deliver in 5wks at Mary Birch instead. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi. I don't know the other doctor your talking about but my ob was just on holiday and dr. Duhamel took his place. She is amazing and the entire staff at scripps la jolla is incredible. I had to have an emergency section on August 2, we are both doing well. This was my first baby and have nothing to compare it to but the level of care at scripps is fantastic from start to finish. Best of luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, thanks for making my decision easier! I appreciate the feedback! And congrats on your new baby!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MeeksandMadsMeeksandMads member
    edited August 2013
    Another person who loves dr duhamel here! You alternate between her and the NP, who is also great :)

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• My OB was Tsai but Duhamel is in the same practice and I have heard great things about her.  I was delivered by Dr. Dunn in La Jolla and he was also really wonderful.

cardiffamy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"