April 2013 Moms
Options

NFL and purse/diaper bag rule

So, I actually have a huge problem with the NFL's new ban on purses/ diaper bags, but I guess I have to shut the f up about it now because we're Vikings season ticket holders and I took LO to a game last night with DH.

Just wanted to let you all know, if you're stupid enough to want to do this like we were, this bag works great as a diaper bag and is NFL approved.

LO did great,I wore him in the Bjorn, outward-facing, so he could look around, and when we sat in the seat, I just unclipped the top snaps and folded the front down so that he could look around.  It was hot but we had fun!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NFL and purse/diaper bag rule

• Options
    If you go, spend some time looking at the NFL website to familiarize yourself with what you can and can't bring. It is ridiculous but how annoying would it be to get to the gate and not be able to bring your stuff in!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Not an issue in Mpls at Twins games-- you can bring basically anything in..

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NFL just wants all our money, in any way they can get it.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We normally only go to Astros games and they barely glance in my bag, but I had to remove everything from my bag and open every pouch when we went to see both the Texas Rangers and the Colorado Rockies. It took forever.
    WHich is super annoying, but they let you bring your own bag in. What I take issue with is the fact that we're being told we can't bring bags in,but "oh, you can buy a regulation NFL approved bag from us."  RIdiculous.  All under the guise of "keeping us safe." Safe my ass-- you didn't even look TWICE at my bag, I easily could have had something dangerous wrapped in a burp cloth!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    At the Ballpark in Arlington(DH and I have full season tickets) it can totally vary.  Sometimes I have to take and open everything, sometimes not at all.  Some games they didn't even look in the diaper bag - some games I have to open every single zippered pocket.

But, the absolute best part is we can bring in food and drink.  (Not really relevant to this thread, but just awesomeness)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At the Ballpark in Arlington(DH and I have full season tickets) it can totally vary.  Sometimes I have to take and open everything, sometimes not at all.  Some games they didn't even look in the diaper bag - some games I have to open every single zippered pocket.

But, the absolute best part is we can bring in food and drink.  (Not really relevant to this thread, but just awesomeness)
    That's how the TWins stadium is too. You can bring in whatever food/ bev you want.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Gonna try out the free bag we got with our season Eagles tickets. See how that goes. Our luck, Reese will last about half a quarter.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think it is annoying because your troublemakers aren't women carrying purses. If someone is going to, say, pull a knife - it is probably carried in a pocket. Just my two cents.

That said, it isn't a big deal to me. We got our free bag for being season ticket holders and didn't even take it. I usually take just my wristlet and don't plan on taking the baby. I feel like it is too loud at the Cowboys games and I want to watch the game. Especially for the price paid for tickets. We take DS to a preseason game and that's hard enough between trips to the bathroom and asking him 15,000 times to sit down and stop kicking the seat in front of him.
  • Options
    I think it is annoying because your troublemakers aren't women carrying purses. If someone is going to, say, pull a knife - it is probably carried in a pocket. Just my two cents.

That said, it isn't a big deal to me. We got our free bag for being season ticket holders and didn't even take it. I usually take just my wristlet and don't plan on taking the baby. I feel like it is too loud at the Cowboys games and I want to watch the game. Especially for the price paid for tickets. We take DS to a preseason game and that's hard enough between trips to the bathroom and asking him 15,000 times to sit down and stop kicking the seat in front of him.
    For me personally that's sort of how I feel about it too -- I usually just put crap in my pockets, but we did take the baby to a pre-season game, figuring that if he freaked out, we could just leave... it is more the principle of it than anything else. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ya it sucks. We got similar Dolphins bags. I hate that everyone can see what I'm carrying around. Wonder if these bags are going to create more theft since people can see if you're carrying a wallet or nice cell phone.
  • Options
    Ya it sucks. We got similar Dolphins bags. I hate that everyone can see what I'm carrying around. Wonder if these bags are going to create more theft since people can see if you're carrying a wallet or nice cell phone.
    Or because now thieves know that there are 20,000 cars parked around the football stadium with purses locked inside!

I can't seem to get off my soapbox about this one. But the NFL just infuriates me.  STop talking about how much you LOVE your female fans (and the millions you're making off of cutesy pink NFL apparel and female-body t-shirts), if you're going to pull something like this. ALl it says to me is "We don't actually understand or care about our female fans whatsoever,but we know they'll spend lots of money!"

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"