February 2014 Moms

Aaaand cue newbie intro.

I've been lurking around these parts for a while and figured, since I've gained the confidence to start commenting, I could try and introduce myself.

My name is Katie, I'm 22 and this is my first pregnancy, EDD Feb. 9th. DH is 25 and in the military, and we've been together for five years married for two. We just relocated from Tennessee to Hawaii earlier this month! I'm originally from Pennsylvania, so I'm basically all alone in the friend department right now until I get settled from the move. I just transferred to Hawaii Pacific University majoring in Elementary Education (and set back a bit from graduation due to credits that didn't transfer) but I'm somewhere around a junior. I'm a little bit nervous with how my schooling will pan out after LO is here, but definitely happy regardless. We have a fur baby named Ivan (pictured in my signature) who is my big helper and follows me everywhere.

It feels so weird to talk about myself. But it's been really nice getting to know the community here and been a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm excited to learn from all of you and contribute what I can to the board.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Aaaand cue newbie intro.

• Welcome. We will be your friends.
  • Welcome! My husband is in the military too! We are stationed at good ole Fort Drum. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. It's so beautiful there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome!! Wow, Hawaii! What time is it there now, like 3am? I saw your siggy the other day with your fur baby. What a big cutie! Does Ivan have blue eyes?
    Close! It's a little after 2am. This whole time-difference-thing is still messing up my sleep schedule, but at least it's the weekend. And Ivan does have blue eyes! A little girl saw him today while I was walking him around the neighborhood and said he was a werewolf because he had human eyes. I probably thought it was more hilarious than I should have hah.

bribbon said:
    Hi and welcome! And good for you for keeping school up with a LO. I did the same thing after my first, because I was in the middle of a PhD in cell biology. That's not something you can do part-time (neither is motherhood, obviously) and DH worked more than full time, but we knuckled down and made it work. It can be done. I even breastfed her exclusively for 6 months and then kept it up for another year, and I did the pump at school/lab thing. That can be done, too. GL and again, welcome!
    That's so awesome! People like you make me feel more confident about it. If others can make it work, I can suck it up and do it too.

TRMBach said:
    Welcome! My husband is in the military too! We are stationed at good ole Fort Drum. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. It's so beautiful there.
    I've never been to Ft. Drum! Hawaii is very beautiful. So far from home and family, but still beautiful.
  • VAMomma31 said:
     Other boards are scary...we are not. 
    Will do for sure, thanks! And no joke. I took a peek at babycenter after lurking here for a while... *shudders* 
  • kt_arr said:
    Hi and welcome!! Wow, Hawaii! What time is it there now, like 3am? I saw your siggy the other day with your fur baby. What a big cutie! Does Ivan have blue eyes?
    Close! It's a little after 2am. This whole time-difference-thing is still messing up my sleep schedule, but at least it's the weekend. And Ivan does have blue eyes! A little girl saw him today while I was walking him around the neighborhood and said he was a werewolf because he had human eyes. I probably thought it was more hilarious than I should have hah.

bribbon said:
    Hi and welcome! And good for you for keeping school up with a LO. I did the same thing after my first, because I was in the middle of a PhD in cell biology. That's not something you can do part-time (neither is motherhood, obviously) and DH worked more than full time, but we knuckled down and made it work. It can be done. I even breastfed her exclusively for 6 months and then kept it up for another year, and I did the pump at school/lab thing. That can be done, too. GL and again, welcome!
    That's so awesome! People like you make me feel more confident about it. If others can make it work, I can suck it up and do it too.

TRMBach said:
    Welcome! My husband is in the military too! We are stationed at good ole Fort Drum. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. It's so beautiful there.
    I've never been to Ft. Drum! Hawaii is very beautiful. So far from home and family, but still beautiful.
    Welcome, my buddy is stationed in HI. He posts beautiful pics all the time on fb.

How the heck did you triple quote??? I have been here a really long time and I still can't do it despite my efforts.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I have not tried to get on TB mobile because I can't get an app for it (android) and I am too lazy.
    Thanks.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

• Welcome!! My brother and sister in law moved to Hawaii for the Navy and she had her little girl there about two years ago- all alone! It's a great place to visit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"