High-Risk Pregnancy

GD numbers question

I had a dinner tonight that I knew was going to give me a high number. My number was 139 after and hour (I need to be I under 120). I wasn't too upset with that because I was expecting worse. But, I went for a walk to try to get it lower. It came down to 134. I didn't really want to go to bed with a number that high, so I did some more walking. I checkedy number again and this time it was 144 (about 2 1/2 hours after dinner). Is that normal for it to go up?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD numbers question

• Is your finger clean? if I got a weird number, I would try a different finger, clean my hands, etc. 

are you dehydrated? i would drink some water. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Yes, my finger was clean. I was really thirsty last night, but drank so much water. I had Indian food so I was drinking a lot because it was spicy. But I did wake up thirsty.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you were stressed a lot that can cause a spike in numbers. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's interesting my doc wants under 120 after 2 hours not 1. I have seen my numbers change like that depending on what I'm eating (white vs wheat) because the body breaks it down differently.
  • AsMom2011 said:

That's interesting my doc wants under 120 after 2 hours not 1. I have seen my numbers change like that depending on what I'm eating (white vs wheat) because the body breaks it down differently.

Yeah, my doctor is pretty strict.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"