July 2013 Moms
Options

shower

Every time I get in the shower, the baby starts crying. It does not matter if he was sound asleep or content, when I get in its cry time. I'm only in there for 5 minutes when I'm home alone. What does everyone do during shower time? Do you let the baby cry and hurry up? Do you get out then get back in later?

Re: shower

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I try to jump in when she's napping. She only wakes up to scream once I've put shampoo in my hair ;-)

But yes - if she starts crying, I just finish up as quickly as I can, and go get her once I'm out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow I have always wondered how people shower with baby. Does everyone use the bumbo or is there another way? I can't bear myself to do it. I need the alone time.
  • Options
    I put him in his snugamonkey or chair and put him right outside the shower. As long as he's not hungry or tired, he loves it!
  • Options
    Lol if I put my son in the room with me he still cries. It is just much louder and I can't think straight to hurry up and finish.

@gulickr it always starts with the shampoo I swear.
  • Options
    My bathroom is small so I leave the door open and leave DS in his bouncer.  Most of the time he is content in that.  Otherwise I finish as quickly as I can.
  • Options
    I either wait for dh to come home or put her in the small bouncer chair right outside the shower , she doesn't like the chair for too long but it usually buys me a 15 minute shower
  • Options
    Last night I tried to take a bath... My husband and son found me.
  • Options
    I feed LO and make sure he is either napping or content. I bring the RNP right into the bathroom with me and I just hurry as much as possible. I have very long hair (it goes down to my butt), so if I suspect that he may not keep, I'll skip the shampoo/conditioner for the day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    jemasa33jemasa33 member
    edited August 2013

Last night I tried to take a bath... My husband and son found me.

Lol I love this. Every time i try to go to the bathroom when dh is home, ds1 somehow finds his way into the bathroom. He plays in the sink right next to the toilet and gets me soaked. I feel like I'm at the sea world show! Meanwhile dh is calling his name and asking him to come here. When I shower he brings me bath toys. I love my kids.
  • Options
    DS loves loves loves water. Sometimes during the day I'd get in the shower with ds. I'd also fill up the tub enough so i can sit with him on my lap, leaning against me with one arm around him and my other hand playing with toys so he can watch. At the end I'd just use his baby shampoo to wash his body. Keep his bouncer right by the rub with à towel in it. Finish and put ds in the bouncer, wrapped in towel, while i wash my hair real fast. Kill two birds with one stone. Ekk i cant wait for this little moments again!
  • Options
    kalemi said:

DS loves loves loves water. Sometimes during the day I'd get in the shower with ds. I'd also fill up the tub enough so i can sit with him on my lap, leaning against me with one arm around him and my other hand playing with toys so he can watch. At the end I'd just use his baby shampoo to wash his body. Keep his bouncer right by the rub with à towel in it. Finish and put ds in the bouncer, wrapped in towel, while i wash my hair real fast. Kill two birds with one stone. Ekk i cant wait for this little moments again!

Let it be noted I'd prefer to shower alone. BUT, ds has never cried in the water. He smiles and gets excited. If I can get clean and have a happy baby, why the heck wouldnt i do it? And just a cute pic because hes too stinkin cute!! Or i think so, lol
  • Options
    I have older boys, so they keep him happy while I'm in there. I do shower much less then I used to though. When my other kids were babies, I would put the bouncer next to the shower and the noise would put them to sleep.
  • Options
    I usually wait until he's sleeping in his swing and take a short shower. If I need to do hair washing I either wait until he's asleep or at least fed and put the RNP in the bathroom. If he's awake and fed I have at least a good 25 minutes before he gets annoyed just laying there. I'm going to jinx myself, but I have a super good baby. He's pretty quiet and content. ::knock wood:: To make you feel better...he's a terrible night sleeper, so we're up a lot.
  • Options
    gulickr said:

I try to jump in when she's napping. She only wakes up to scream once I've put shampoo in my hair ;-)

But yes - if she starts crying, I just finish up as quickly as I can, and go get her once I'm out.

Yes. Agree. H has to go in the field on business. That means I don't get a break or shower unless I take one by the balls. If DS cries I just hurry up. DD is happy to shower with me.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I put my LO in his rock and play right outside the shower. I try to make sure he has a full belly and his diaper is clean. He usually does pretty well. I also have his paci in reaching distance if he wouldn't take it before I hopped in the shower.
  • Options
    jmw222 said:

I shower and let LO cry for a few min. I make sure he is in a safe spot and I don't take my time if he wakes up, but I do what I need to do. If I don't get in my shower, I'm not a happy mom an therefore do not have a happy baby.

If he stays asleep, I take the longest possible shower!

This!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If DH is home he takes care of LO, if he isn't I take a bath and bring her with me. Dd LOVES baths and I just hold her on my lap and play with her and get her clean.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    He almost always takes a morning nap. I shower during his nap and I rush it just in case he wakes. Because of a poo explosion earlier this week he and I had to shower together. He loved it and I might do that again someday just to calm him.
  • Options

I put him in his snugamonkey or chair and put him right outside the shower. As long as he's not hungry or tired, he loves it!

I do the same and turn on the fan. He does great with the sound of the fan and shower.

Bonus: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"