3rd Trimester
Options

Question

Okay, I've been having really bad back pain. I mean to the point of where I am going to cry. I've been having very light contractions but not strong enough to efface or dilate. I am a FTM, and I wondering if any of you have experienced this after 37 weeks also, my lo hasn't been moving much today. I went to the doctors today and had a non stress test done and he wasn't moving much then either. I've tried everything to get him to move a lot than he has been. I honestly do not want to make a unnecessary trip to L & D. Because the hospital I am suppose to go to when I go into labor is thirty minutes away. 

Re: Question

• Options
    This sounds more likely on the side of necessary trip to L&D. Please call the on call doc and see what they say. 

After the test I would have asked for advice on what to do from the doctor specifically. 
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    There's no way to know if you're dilating or effacing without having a cervical check. My OB has said if she's not moving and non of my "tricks" work, go in. I also live 30 mins from my hospital. 30 min drive vs catching a potential problem? To me, there's no question. IMO...if you're worried, go.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call the after hours line and see what they want you to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    What did they say about it during the NST when you were checked out yesterday? Hopefully you brought up your concerns then, and I would've thought they'd have covered it since what you've said just seems like a continuance of the same symptoms.
  • Options
    This should not even be a question. Hopefully you went in.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Personally if my LO wasn't moving much and I tried all the tricks to make him move, I would run not walk to L&D. I hope your LO is ok. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"