September 2013 Moms

Would You Call?

I usually don’t care for these posts either, so I apologize in advance….<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Mom has been gone for 3 years…crazy girlfriend lives with dad (step-dad who adopted me after marriage). Without going into too much, she has broken something sentimental in every family member’s house she has been in, caused drama, talked trash about my mom, and is no longer welcome…anywhere. But dad still keeps her.

Point: She keeps calling. She calls on her cell phone, and not my dad’s home line, so at least I know it’s her and don’t have to answer. Don’t like her. She’s not welcome. But Dad never calls. He’s called maybe 3 times this whole pregnancy.

Would you call her back out of guilt? Would you call her back out of decency? Would you even call her back?

I want dad to be a part of this, but he doesn’t seem to care, and leaves it up to her. That would have been ok I suppose….if it was mom. But it’s not.

Thoughts?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Would You Call?

• I'm with PP. Life is too short and too precious to waste energy on people like that.

• Loading the player...
  • yep. I no longer feel obligate to talk to "family" no matter who they are. If the relationship isn't healthy in both directions, Im not wasting my time and energy on it. 

• I think I would talk to him and just be honest. Let him know you don't want her calling and you don't care the reason why she's calling. And then I would just leave it at that, I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about from the sounds of it. That is what I would do if I felt the need to involve him, I guess I would just want him to know it's not him but you just don't want to talk to her.

Honestly though, I don't think you even need to call. It just sounds like this is weighing on you (which is understandable) and if you feel strongly that you need to talk to him then you should.
  • Thanks lovely ladies. Dad know's I feel (and everyone else in our small family feels the same), I suppose I just needed some reassurance. So....onto crazy crazy family gifs shall we?! Boo, mobile now but let me look.....
  • PrettyFadePrettyFade member
    edited August 2013
  • Sorry, screwed up, but it's dinner time!! :P
  • It doesn't really seem (based on your post) like you and your dad have that awesome of a relationship, either. Block her number and ignore her. Just because she's your dad's girlfriend doesn't mean that she's "faaaaammmmiiilllyyyy" and you don't owe her shit. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Happybride 276 said it the freakin' best as usual, so here is a pic to cheer you up. 

VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nope, I wouldn't. Take care of yourself right now & keep your stress levels down.
  • msronzio said:

Happybride 276 said it the freakin' best as usual, so here is a pic to cheer you up. 

I think I heart you and your perfect gifs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"