1st Trimester
Options

Nervous to tell family? Anyone else?

So, it took me 18 months and 2 rounds of  clomid to get pregnant with DD. She is now 3 1/2. Two years ago I caught my husband cheating so we divorced. Fast forward starting dating SO in April, he moved into my house in July and here we are 7 weeks pregnant. I'm 35, have an excellent job and own my house so I can provide for my kids. We are planning on getting married as well. We told my mother and close friends and his family. So far everyone seems to be happy. But I'm petrified to tell my brother and my extended family like my crazy Italian uncles. I think they will be disappointed and we are all super close. UGH.

Just needed to vent I guess. Thanks for listening.

Re: Nervous to tell family? Anyone else?

• Options
    Personally, if you're as responsible and well off enough as you say you are, there's nothing to worry about. This is not their child, and their opinions really don't matter, imo. Let them be disappointed - that's their hangup. If they choose not to be supportive and happy for you, then they're not really good people to have around. Best of luck to you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    First off congrats! You need to do what makes you feel good inside, and it doesn't matter what others think. I know you want to tell everyone. How far along are you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I feel better! You girls rock! Who cares what they think!

Two weeks ago I was measuring at 5w5d so today I should be 7w6d. Going for another u/s today to check things out.

• Options
    Completely agree with PP. I was in a similar situation, my ex and I had been together for 5 years, my DD was 1 and he left and cheated. I met DH when she was 1 and a half and we just clicked. By her 2nd birthday we were already living together and engaged. I got pregnant 2 months after I moved in with him, my family wasn't happy but they learned to love him and fully accepted it. So just think positive and good luck!
  • Options
    I'm SOOOO nervous about telling my husband's parents. We've only been married for two months, but we both have salaried jobs and a wonderful home. Our baby was not planned and came VERY early in our marriage, but something my sister said made me feel better. She said, "No one can be upset about a new baby in the family." I just keep repeating that in my head!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sloger said:
    I'm SOOOO nervous about telling my husband's parents. We've only been married for two months, but we both have salaried jobs and a wonderful home. Our baby was not planned and came VERY early in our marriage, but something my sister said made me feel better. She said, "No one can be upset about a new baby in the family." I just keep repeating that in my head!
    DH and I were somewhat in a similar situation. We married in November, I got pregnant at the end of December. I was told prior to our wedding that I wouldn't be able to conceive without "help". I ran out of birth control, and figured "Well, if I can't have kids, I guess I don't need this." 

Turns out my doctor was wrong and I can conceive. We were married for only a few months when we told everyone. No one said anything negative to us - they were all just happy that we have a stable income, we're both responsible adults, and our parents were just excited to know that they're going to be grandparents. 

I was more nervous than anything about telling my dad because he's usually the one that says things that...well, aren't exactly uplifting and helpful (maybe that's where I get it), but he was excited, too. 

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure they'll be excited for you and your husband.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Congrats!

I think a lot of times family take cues from US as to whether or not to be happy or upset.  If you are over-the-moon excited about being pregnant (which it sounds like you are!) and act super-happy about it, then they are more likely to be happy for you.  I mean, you divorced a cheater, and found a really great man who you love and plan to marry, and now you're pregnant.  You're not a teenager, you have a home and means to provide for your kids, so....of course it's a good thing :-)   

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"