Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C today

I found out at my 7 week sonogram that my baby wasn't growing properly and that I was going to miscarry. I had 2 weeks to let it naturally happen but nothing happened besides being very sick and nausea. Today is the day of my d&c that I was hoping to cancel, but it looks like I'm having it today. Ladies that have had a d&c, what would I expect? I'm really sad because our sweet baby will be officially gone today, but I also don't want to risk an infection. So sorry all you guys have gone through a loss, it's hard but there is hope we will get our precious rainbow babies someday :)

Re: D&C today

• I'm so very sorry for your loss. I had a D&C as well today. It really was, physically not as bad as I thought. Everyone gently answered my questions and were extremely caring. As soon as I was in the OR it felt as if I blinked and it was over. The emotional piece was difficult, so I'm going to try and take it day by day. My thoughts are with you. Please take care.
    BFP: July 2013, EDD: 5/10/14, MMC at 7 weeks, D&C: 8/30/13
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I had a D&C last Thursday and physically it went very well. I didn't have any cramping for 5 days and then BAM! It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes they don't get everything and eventually you have to pass it. I proceeded to have what I can only describe as contractions because it was so painful. After those passed everything went back to normal and now I am still bleeding, but it just feels like a normal period. I hope everything goes smoothly with your recovery :)
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards