Parenting

mommy friends

Anyone else struggle with not having many "mommy friends"? All my friends are still in the going out every weekend phase. I mean I am 23, none of my friends are married or have kids....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: mommy friends

• Story time at our library starts up when the school year begins. Check out your library's calendar to see what they have to offer. Most of the parents show up early and chat while the LOs read and do puzzles. Look online for moms groups to join or sign up for a mommy & me class.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • I lucked out. When I was pregnant with Reese--so were 5 other co-workers that year! Reese always asks to play with her "friends" lately. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have zero mommy friends locally. I'm young like you, so thats pretty much the reason. All the kids my age are off partying and being 23. I don't connect well with others anymore because I have zero social interaction. Sucks, but I'll get over it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jak554jak554 member
    edited August 2013
    I lost all my friends when I got engaged. I did bump into an old classmate who's pregnant and gave me her number to get together but I have yet to do so since we just moved out of that city and having a newborn that decided he cannot be put down. I'm waiting til next year to do story readings and mom groups so DS is a lil older...I feel weird bringing a newborn to places that'd be more fun for an older baby.
    I'm 24 and I'm the first of my friends to get married, have a baby, etc. Then again I didn't continue my education or join the military like some of them.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a nephew close to LOs age but bro and SIL drive me a little bonkers. No one else I know has kids and I'm not 23. Its probably because I don't like people and I only have two friends. Neither one of them has kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have zero real daddy friends. I have dads I talk to who are married to DW's mommy friends. But none of my real friends are dads yet.

I'm not so secretly hoping to make at least one through DS's new pre-school.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I'm sorry, I forgot what I was going to say because I suddenly had the overwhelming urge to mouth hug a strawberry... @LuckyDad

Oh yeah... A few friends recently had babies but they're 2 years younger than DS. I talk to my online group that I met through TB more often than my "IRL" friends. I even have a couple of my local bumpies that have become IRL friends. 
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • It is really tough, especially in a small town. I only have one I really hang out with. Hopefully I meet some cool mommies now that Ike will be in Pre-K
  • That's been something that's been rough for me. I got pregnant with DS1 at 18 so all of my friends were in their first year of college. I had 3 kids before turning 25 and most of my friends from back home are just starting to settle down or are single (only two have kids now and we are more FB friends than anything now). We've also moved around a lot due to various things (DH's college, Army, Job). We've been in our current house and local mom's group for a little over a year and I have made a few good friends and many acquaintances here.

The last few places that we've lived, I've made sure to join with moms groups, library events, and other family oriented things. Even though I didn't gain any close friends through most of them, I usually met someone who became an acquaintance which is still great. It's likely that we'll be making a cross country type move in the next few years and I'll be sure to join whatever local moms group they have as well.
  • I met my mommy friends on tb. One had actually quit posting by the time I ran into her IRL (on my 10th anniv no less) and now we try to hang out at least once a month, with or without the kids. C asks to go play with P a lot and she is always asking for him too. They both throw hissies when separated.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I have zero mommy friends locally. I'm young like you, so thats pretty much the reason. All the kids my age are off partying and being 23. I don't connect well with others anymore because I have zero social interaction. Sucks, but I'll get over it.
    That's the boat I'm in as well.  The only Mommy friend I have is a good friend of mine that is two years younger than me and her son is two years older than DS.  Even though she's been doing this longer, sometimes the age difference can get noticeable on certain topics.  That's part of the reason I tend to be weary of even posting on TB.  Even though I'm an adult and can carry on good conversation, I feel like my age will show through if I talk too much, and people will side-eye.  Which is perfectly understandable, so I just hop in when I feel confident that I'm not making a fool of myself.  Like now. :-h
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have zilcho mommy friends.  But I also set myself up for failure by assuming all the other moms are judging me for being young and poor and having a shitty car.

// I love you too. //

• I was 26, almost 27, when I had my kiddo but all of my friends were still in the party/single/dating stage. I was the only one married with a kid. I met all of my mom friends at the library. I started going to library story time when he was 5 months old and had a solid group of mom friends by the time he turned 1. My best mom friend is actually only 20, she was 17 when she had her son and 18 when I met her. The age difference doesn't bother us at all since we have the kids and lifestyle in common. The women in our group range from 20 - 35 but we all get along well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most of my friends are mommies, but I am old lol. My best girlfriend and I were friends before either of us were moms. Her daughter is 3.5 years older than mine, but she still plays really nicely with mine. We've stayed besties, but I see her a lot less than I used to pre-kids.

Other mommy friends of mine I've become closer with since we've had kids. Like they were casual acquaintances before, but now I consider them friends.

Have you tried taking your LO to a mommy-and-me class? You could meet some moms there. Or join something for you- a dance class, a photography class. You could meet people that way.

One of my closest mommy friends I met when we were both training for a half-marathon with Team in Training. Nothing at-all kid related, but we ended up pregnant and due just 10 weeks apart.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I met most of my mom friends through a moms group. I picked the cool ones who had kids the same age and made friends with them. And by cool, I mean non judgemental and friendly. But I'm 31. I can't imagine being younger with kids and trying to make friends. Women can be such catty bitches.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I gots zero. I actually found a bump friend that lives like 5 mins from me and life is just too chaotic right now to meet up. It'd be nice to plan something before it gets cold, though.
  • I'm 24 and quite a few friends of mine have kids the same age as mine. We make empty promises about getting together but something always comes up. Therefore I have no friends and we don't do play dates. It's hard to vibe with other women let alone other moms. Everyone has different things that grate them about others.
  • I have zilcho mommy friends.  But I also set myself up for failure by assuming all the other moms are judging me for being young and poor and having a shitty car.

I'm in your boat. The friends I have are real showy about their material gain. It makes me very stand offish
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"