November 2012 Moms
Options

what to do with your child's stuff?

My daughter is outgrowing clothes so quick.  My cousin is pregnant with a girl due this december.  I am so undecided if I should give her some stuff or save it for in case we have another baby.  My husband says we can buy as we need it next time.

Re: what to do with your child's stuff?

• Options

I sort through and save a bunch. But he really has TOO many clothes at each size, so I do pack some up to donate to the local Mother's House by my church.

The ones I save I pack into those Ziplock Space bags. Those things are INCREDIBLE! I pack them up by size and label the bags.

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've saved. 
    Good thing too...(12 weeks?  Lol)

We "thought" we "might" have another, but hadn't planned yet. 
    I keep saying, my ovary wants to feel as useful as it can before I hit menopause. 

So, we have boy's clothes now, and a coworker has a girl, is expecting another girl in November. She will give me clothes if I have a girl as this will be her last. 
    I'd rather not be buying a ton of clothes if I have the same sex child this time around. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gave away all of her nb and 0-3 sized clothes. I have a bunch of clothes in boxes that I was planning on giving away but not that I'm pregnant again I'm going to wait until I find out the sex. If it's a boy, I'll be giving them away.

| R 11/22/12  |  L 03/14/14 |
  • Options
    I've been handing down a lot of his clothes to friends that have/are expecting little boys.  I'm only saving some of the nicer and more sentimental things. 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    O is our first so I'm saving them. We want at least one more, probably two so the chances of us having another girl are pretty good. I spent way too much money on cute outfits to give them away just yet. I'll be glad to donate them once we are done with them though.

• Options
    AmberEA14 said:
    O is our first so I'm saving them. We want at least one more, probably two so the chances of us having another girl are pretty good. I spent way too much money on cute outfits to give them away just yet. I'll be glad to donate them once we are done with them though.
    same here - saving in bins till we're done
  • Options
    I'm saving them. I have giant Ziplock bags that I use for the outgrown clothes, and I write the age on the outside of the bag. Which reminds me, I need to do this again because he's outgrown a bunch of the clothes in his dresser.

Anyway, my SIL and a very close cousin have babies younger than DS (one is 9 weeks younger and one is not born yet), so I'm letting them borrow some things because I trust them to give it back if we have future children and need the clothes back. But I would only do this with close friends or family because I know they'll give them back to me when they're finished.
  • Options
    @snowflake91011 thanks for trying! It was a bad time of day to start that kind of thread I guess. Oh well, got my GIF fix in :D

• Options

We are done, so I am saving them and then I will consign the good things, and donate the rest.  Right now they are just in a box in her closet.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've given all the clothes Z outgrew to my friend who's baby is 3 months younger :). Oh I kept one onsie that says Little Brother on it cause his sister bought it for him. I'm not all attached to anything :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm saving everything. If we have a girl next time around I have a few ideas for prettying up the boy outfits. After we are done I will donate/consign.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've saved everything that wasn't stained, damaged, or just ugly. We received so many clothes for DS before and shortly after he was born.

FI's dad works with a woman who is excellent with quilting. She offered to make a quilt out of some of DS's clothes. I gathered up all of his cute newborn onesies that were special to me (the one we brought him home in, the onesie his newborn pictures were done in, all of the onesies that our friends decorated at our shower, etc.). It looks great! And it's super soft. DS loves it :)
  • Options
    I've passed down all my LO clothes to a friend that has a 3 month old. Whatever she doesn't take I take to a resale shop (which I think is a rip off) and take what the resale shop doesn't take to Goodwill/Salvation Army/Shelters.
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Options
    I'm sorting and trying to keep about 10 outfits of each size for the next LO (10 PJ's 10 Pants etc) and passing the rest onto friends who have smaller LO's. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"