August 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Acne

Anyone else's kid look like the "before" on a ProActive commercial? I thought I had some bad teenage acne, but I'm
Pretty sure he's got it worse now. Poor guy. Hope his high school years aren't this bad.

Re: Baby Acne

• Options
    There is a thread on this sometime in the last week. 
    DD gets a little tiny whitehead every now and then and I read in that thread to put breastmilk on it. So I do that and they go away very quickly.
    I read that breastmilk has a natural anti-bacterial something in it.

I don't know if you're BFing or not, but that would be my advice.
  • Options
    My kid looked really bad the last week. I have been putting breastmilk on it and it is really clearing quickly. I just express a few drops and rub it on. with my fingers.

My poor girl had chest and backne. Plus she's hairy. Like... gorilla hairy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep! He looks like a teenage boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO has it all around his mouth where he gets his lil milk 'stache. I'm thinking that the moisture around his mouth from nursing all the time is causing it. Not sure if breastmilk will help in my situation :|
  • Options
    I'll hafta try the breastmilk facial. It's not around his chin and lower checks where he gets milk on himself, so it may help.
  • Options
    Yup DD has a pretty severe case, or so says her ped, it didn't flare up until she was 4.5 weeks. She has it all over her chest, back, neck and face. We actual took her in for a checkup yesterday to make sure it wasn't eczema. She recommended that we use cetaphil body wash and lotin instead of J&J her skin was starting to peel on top of the acne. Awesome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BellaOso said:

My kid looked really bad the last week. I have been putting breastmilk on it and it is really clearing quickly. I just express a few drops and rub it on. with my fingers.

My poor girl had chest and backne. Plus she's hairy. Like... gorilla hairy.

My DD is super hairy too! Like, you could shave her back hairy. She dies have a full, gorgeous head of hair though.

Also, has anyone tried putting their breast milk on their own acne? I am tempted to try it.

• Options
    My ped told me to wash his face with baby aquafor or eucerin soap. I saw a difference in just 2 days. I put a little on a wash cloth and gently clean his face...
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    I'm glad some people were able to take advantage of the breast milk tip! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"