July 2013 Moms

This is okay right? Tips?

An old friend is visiting from a different province and wants to go out for drinks tonight, DH has no problem staying home with the baby but I feel guilty leaving him for the first time.I'm breastfeeding, and he's only had one bottle (he took it fine). Is it irresponsible for me to go out tonight and drink when I haven't really been away from him before?

And I know that alcohol is out of your system as fast as it's out of your blood, but how will I know for sure when it's safe to breastfeed again? And will this negatively affect my supply? Ahh, I feel like I need to get out.

Re: This is okay right? Tips?

• Go have fun. When we were home visiting my husband insisted he take ds for the day and night so i could catch up with friends. I totally needed it and feet recharged afterwards. I feet guilty at first and scared for ds that he was being left alone with dh lol. Everything was fine. ENJOY YOURSELF! You deserve it!
  • Go, have fun, and relax :)
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Loading the player...
  • martyn17 said:

Go, have fun, and relax :)

Agree! If you could drive then you could nurse. Enjoy!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I agree with PPs. Go have fun and relax!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hope you have a great time...no guilt!
  • Agree with PPs, you'll be glad you got away for a bit. If I have a drink I do it right after I nursed. And, if you're concerned, you can always pump and dump. Having a drink or two with friends isn't going to affect your supply.

Have fun!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"