November 2013 Moms

FFFC!!!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: FFFC!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • SJacques7 said:
    I hate when DH's family sends me a $20 ck in the mail and tells me they can't make the shower because Sept. is a busy month for them. This being the same group that did the same for my bridal shower in October. I'd really like to send the ck back and tell them to F off but DH'S prefers I keep the peace. It really just hurts my feelings that they can't be bothered to attend.

I think that you might be being a little sensitive. At least they took the time to tell you they aren't coming.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • dobrydney said:
    Sometimes I really do feel like shit (I'm sure we all do) but sometimes when I'm feeling fine and DH offers to do something for me--I totally don't correct him and let him do it.  I feel guilty sometimes, but when else can I get away with this?!
    I've told DH I don't feel well when I feel fine simply to get out of spending time with his family.  They annoy me.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• I picked the paint for babies room, it's supposed to be Grey, So we painted last night and its totally baby blue. I thought maybe wi second coat it would get better...nope, it's still baby blue. So my mom suggested holding something grey up beside it to see if its just my imagination, so DH held a grey towel...yup the room is for sure baby blue. Luckily we are having a boy..but it's kinda bugging me!!! DH doesn't care so I guess that's good. :(
  • I probably do about 2 hours of legit work on Fridays and spend the rest of my time here :-)
  • Someone in Nov. '13 posted something last week that is still making me gag. I can't "love" anything she posts because I'm so grossed out now.

• Someone in Nov. '13 posted something last week that is still making me gag. I can't "love" anything she posts because I'm so grossed out now.

This makes me so curious, I'm nosey like that :) I hope it wasn't me!

• Yesterday, DH brought me home Taco Bell and a couple of sliders from White Castle (not a big fan of WC, but it's usually like insta-bowel movement inducer for me) in an attempt to relieve the horrible constipation I've had this week. This was his idea, not mine, I guess my gas was so terrible in bed the night before last he felt compelled to try anything.

It helped a little, but not as good as I'd hoped. Bowels of steel right here. Maybe better luck this weekend...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really regret getting our dog six years ago. After LO was born last year, her crazy beagle tendencies became so much harder to deal with. Last week, my son slept through the night after a really long summer of not sleeping and my damn dog was up all night crying and wanting to go outside. She tries to steal his food. Cries if we make her wait in the dining room while we eat. Doesn't play fetch- just steals his ball and runs away with it instead of bringing it back. I will never give her up because I think that's messed up too, but honestly, I wish we had never adopted her.

I know pets are beloved on here, so figured this is flammable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

•  

nciesla said:
    I went to Target for shampoo and conditioner and left with a pack of newborn diapers, wipes, a cute plushy pink elephant and a pack of bibs.

I forgot the shampoo and conditioner.

If I had a dollar for every time I went to Target to get something in particular and walked out with everything except what I went for, I could go on a nice little Target shopping spree.  I have to make myself physically not go to Target.  Stupid Target.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• When people ask me how everything is going, I most always smile, nod, and proceed to tell them that things are great, and I am just sooo incredibly excited to meeting my baby.

Truth is...I am scared shitless! I don't have any experience with babies. I am frightened that my baby will hate me. Or maybe I won't like her. Is that possible? I am scared that I won't be able to soothe her when she's crying or won't know how to feed her. I am afraid of the toddler meltdowns in Target that will test my my limits. I am scared of someone kidnapping her. I am afraid for her getting sick, getting hurt, or someone breaking her heart when she's older. I am just utterly frightened and I can't help but think that I chose this! I chose to feel all of these things. Maybe it was baby fever, the cute baby clothes, the image of spending the holidays with a child...but now, as my due date approaches, I am not so incredibly excited to meet her. I am scared.

One good thing to keep in mind, you and this baby are genetically engineered to like each other.

• I judge MANY or maybe even ALL of the parents at my daycare. I think each of them have some parenting styles that stick out like a sore thumb and is back firing for the child. I also talk crap about it telling the other teachers I work with that if I do that to please smack me. 

Sorry, I'm not sorry. 

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• rbtrumpetrbtrumpet member
    edited August 2013

When people ask me how everything is going, I most always smile, nod, and proceed to tell them that things are great, and I am just sooo incredibly excited to meeting my baby.

Truth is...I am scared shitless! I don't have any experience with babies. I am frightened that my baby will hate me. Or maybe I won't like her. Is that possible? I am scared that I won't be able to soothe her when she's crying or won't know how to feed her. I am afraid of the toddler meltdowns in Target that will test my my limits. I am scared of someone kidnapping her. I am afraid for her getting sick, getting hurt, or someone breaking her heart when she's older. I am just utterly frightened and I can't help but think that I chose this! I chose to feel all of these things. Maybe it was baby fever, the cute baby clothes, the image of spending the holidays with a child...but now, as my due date approaches, I am not so incredibly excited to meet her. I am scared.

I have lots of experience with babies, and I feel most of all of this, too (I don't really worry about kidnapping; despite what the news would have you believe, it's very very rare - I do worry about leaving her in the car all day though.).  I sometimes think, "Holy fuck.  We can't take this back.  We're past the point of no return."  In talking to my mom friends, I think it's just part of being pregnant and becoming a parent for the first time.  It helps to talk about it, I think, and just know you aren't alone.

oh - this reminded me. 

One of the things I am most TERRIFIED about is forgetting her in the car and leaving her there while I go shopping, or worse yet, work all day!

People always say "what kind of terrible woman would leave a child in a car?" - well, I'm not a terrible person, but I do have a terrible memory!  I've left keys in my front door, I've closed a 2-door car with DH in the back seat, DH can ask me to do something, and 5 seconds later, it's completely slipped my mind!

I really want to buy one of those car seat things that sounds off an alarm if you leave the car seat in the car - but I'm afraid of being judged by people!
  • lamo1210 said:

I judge MANY or maybe even ALL of the parents at my daycare. I think each of them have some parenting styles that stick out like a sore thumb and is back firing for the child. I also talk crap about it telling the other teachers I work with that if I do that to please smack me. 

Sorry, I'm not sorry. 

Love this!! The parents if my two charges have been home for the last two days and the kids are AWFUL!!! I'm counting the minutes until the weekend.

• When people ask me how everything is going, I most always smile, nod, and proceed to tell them that things are great, and I am just sooo incredibly excited to meeting my baby.

I completely understand. This is #2 for me- and I am still scared. We have a great routine with the 3 of us and I'm scared I won't be able to give either kid enough love and they'll both get screwed. When I was in labor for #1- the contractions were getting close together and strong- and I was terrified!! I told DH I'd thought it over and thought adoption was wonderful! Tried to convince the nurse that I needed a c-section. I was worried about the actual pushing for awhile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • agentkitten75agentkitten75 member
    edited August 2013
    My fffc is that I just got diagnosed with GD, I am being a horrible baby about it. Crying , complaining and basically panicking. I basically look at it as a prison sentence. I've never counted carbs, sugars or fiber in my life and I seriously do not know how to even go about doing this. It's so overwhelming, just trying to decide what I can and can't eat and when, that I have lost my appetite and don't even want to eat. I haven't even seen my nurse and dietician so I haven't even started the fingerpricks which is terrifying to me ,being that I am horribly scared of needles . I know, I know , I already hear you ladies saying " suck it up and put on your big girl panties this is for your LO " I know, I get that . It's just a scary overwhelming thing right now . On another note, I have a shitload of family coming over this weekend and I am dreading it. I hate hosting people at my house , I'm just not the hostess type. I like my space and privacy so, it is gonna be a challenge being "on" for so long .
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • My fffc is that I just got diagnosed with GD, I am being a horrible baby about it. Crying , complaining and basically panicking. I basically look at it as a prison sentence. I've never counted carbs, sugars or fiber in my life and I seriously do not know how to even go about doing this. It's so overwhelming, just trying to decide what I can and can't eat and when, that I have lost my appetite and don't even want to eat. I haven't even seen my nurse and dietician so I haven't even started the fingerpricks which is terrifying to me ,being that I am horribly scared of needles . I know, I know , I already hear you ladies saying " suck it up and put on your big girl panties this is for your LO " I know, I get that . It's just a scary overwhelming thing right now . On another note, I have a shitload of family coming over this weekend and I am dreading it. I hate hosting people at my house , I'm just not the hostess type. I like my space and privacy so, it is gonna be a challenge being "on" for so long .

PMed you Agent Kitten :) but I've never used the PM feature here before and I'm mobile so here's hoping it works!
  • rczamora said:
    I am secretly ecstatic that we are having the baby so close to Thanksgiving so that DH and I don't have to play musical houses. I finally have a legit excuse for us to stay home, have our own Thanksgiving and not have to worry about offending anyone.
    ::looks to see that my husband's out of the room::

Me too.  I get along with his family, and like them as individuals, but Thanksgiving is always a Huge Deal, involving 40-80 people and multiple parties and get-togethers, all crammed into about three days, plus travel.  Every year it exhausts me, but he's only missed one of these yearly reunions in his life before this, so there's no getting out of it usually.  So I'm quietly thrilled to stay home this year. 

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

March 24bimageimageimage
  • ranaverde said:

rczamora said:

I am secretly ecstatic that we are having the baby so close to Thanksgiving so that DH and I don't have to play musical houses. I finally have a legit excuse for us to stay home, have our own Thanksgiving and not have to worry about offending anyone.

::looks to see that my husband's out of the room::

Me too.  I get along with his family, and like them as individuals, but Thanksgiving is always a Huge Deal, involving 40-80 people and multiple parties and get-togethers, all crammed into about three days, plus travel.  Every year it exhausts me, but he's only missed one of these yearly reunions in his life before this, so there's no getting out of it usually.  So I'm quietly thrilled to stay home this year. 

My husband and I feel the very same way! My sister gets ALL of the holidays because she has the grandchildren and I am ecstatic that I have this excuse now! She won't travel on birthdays and holidays so guess what...neither will I:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"