C-sections

Incision hematomas/infection?

My CS was two weeks ago yesterday. I've been back to the OB/l&d/ER a few times since for hematomas under the incision, which ultimately had to be entirely reopened.

I'm paranoid now. I doubted the pain I was feeling each time as something serious, which it was. I'm convinced something else is or will be wrong. We're packing the incision twice a day and my H says it looks ok, but the corners really hurt/are very tender (I go back to my OB for fu on Tuesday).

I'm also almost out of pain meds, but I feel like the drs have been hesitant to give it to me in the first place, nevermind refilling it (plus I *HATE* how it makes me feel) - but I have a really hard time functioning without it due to the pain. When will/should I stop feeling like I need it???

Anyone BTDT? I guess I'm looking for reassurance or stories from those who've made it through. I'm scared. :( This is so beyond anything I prepared myself for. I can't imagine being willing to have more kids after point, which makes me so sad. :-(
image"">imageimageimage

Re: Incision hematomas/infection?

• So sorry you are having a difficult recovery. I was given pain medicine and prescription strength Ibuprofen for pain management after my c section. The ibuprofen really made a big difference. Maybe you should try that. Also, you have a open wound on your abdomen. If you want pain meds you of all people should get them. If you are worried about dependence try taking half a pill at a time. I know what you are talking about with the edges of the incision. I called the nurse several times before I left the hospital because I thought I had torn the incision. It literally felt like someone kept touching the edges with a branding iron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"