October 2012 Moms

Losing pregnancy weight

edited August 2013 in October 2012 Moms
For those of you who have successfully lost all your baby weight how did you do it? I have noticed I have a little belly I want to start working out again to get my flat stomach back I miss it lol. My plan is to cut out all junk food, drink only water, eat smaller portions, and start exercising. Does anyone have any tips to stay motivated or know of any good exercising programs? Thanks.

Re: Losing pregnancy weight

• I just stopped eat junk and watched portions. I'm bfing so I counted that as exercise - both burn about 300 a day. However, even though I'm at pre pg weight I'm still flabbier. I know I need to work out to tone up. Haven't got around to that yet.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I gained 28lbs (worked really hard not to gain more than 30lbs). I lost 26lbs after 3 months, the last 2 lbs took another 3 months.  Now at 9.5 months, I am about 1-2 lbs below my pre-preg wt.  I have always been a healthy eater and cook from scratch. For snacks I do rye crackers with PB, or my homemade trail mix.  I am still BFing, but I eat much less now compared to when I was first pp. I know my body metabolism has gone down even though I still bf.  I also take DS out for walks 5 days a week for about 45 mins. I used to walk longer pre-DS but now we have to be home for his nap, but I think pushing 45lbs for 45 mins makes up for it.

My main motivation is that I don't want to buy new clothes (esp pants)!  I can wear most of my pre-pg pants.  However, I am still 3lbs heavier than my lowest wt so there are still a number of pants I can't fit it.  I'm hoping that I can lose those when I stop BFing at 1 yr. OTOH, I tend to gain wt during winter, esp over the holidays...
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I gained 20 with ds2 and was down to my pre-p weight at 2 weeks pp.  Ds2 was just over 8lbs, I had extra amniotic fluid, etc.  I've worked very  hard during pregnancy and post partum to eat healthy most of the time.  I EP so I have calories being burned there and try to work out a few days a week.  I'm currently 10lbs under my pre-p weight but after two kids, I just don't look the same.  Like PP said, I need to tone up!

Take it one day at a time!!

• lady dixneuflady dixneuf member
    edited August 2013
    I gained about 70lbs 
    thank you prednisone

I lost most of it, I have about 5 to go. I really don't have an answer. i am REALLY active. 
    for me it's about portions and "whole" foods - I don't eat much processed stuff. 
    I am sure that the fact that E is still EBF helps I used to work out a lot but between the insanity of working and my post partum hip issues it is not happening Honestly I also just don't care that much.

• I worked out a lot before the baby.  I just started to work out again now.  Even though I am lighter than I was before pregnant, I believe it's because I've lost my muscle - my belly (not to mention other parts of my body) is soooo not tone!!!  I do generally eat pretty healthy, but I also love to indulge in sweets.  I've cut that back some.  I also walk with LO and now I've started to jog some.  I do that maybe 2-3x/week.  If it's too hot, I actually use Video-on-Demand services with our cable service for work outs.  I also BF/pump, so I think that may help. 
  • Honestly, I think most of it is breastfeeding, and snacking on healthy foods...I also try to limit portion sizes and stay away from a lot of carbs. I worked out some during the first 10-12 weeks, but haven't really since then...so while I may have lost the baby weight I am still pretty soft around the middle!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Thanks everyone for the tips. I think my biggest problem was snacking too much and not doing any exercises. I'm going to try to be better and stay motivated.

• For me I only gained 13 pounds while pregnant. I started out at 223 though.  So 13 pounds was good, per my doctor.  I had GD while pregnant and I think that helped to jump start my diet.

After the pregnancy, I watched sweets and limited my drinks with calories. Now I only drink water or coffee (well a lot of coffee). 

I am still losing weight but I can't seem to get rid of my belly.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • INSANITY! I actually started out though at the gym. Cardio and lifting weights 5 times a week. In May I started Insanity and I'm in the middle of round two. I'm actually smaller now than I was pre-baby and none of my clothes fit, not even my bras! I do want to start lifting weights again, but not just yet. I can start seeing the change in my tummy the most, as that's where all my baby weight went and my baby abs are poking through (very faintly though!) I honestly would suggest Insanity or any Beachbody workout to get you in shape and tone. Some you do need weights or other things, but that's why I love Insanity. They just came out with one called T25 and it's only 25 minutes a day! It's rough I hear, but 25 minutes is nothing! The second month of Insanity workouts are an hour long!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Right now, I'm 15 pounds below my pre preg weight, but I can thank stress for a.lot of that. But... I do also make sure that I'm exercising at least 4 days a week and trying to avoid junk foods!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"