Parenting

Have you ever gone back and read your most flamed post?

MrsLafferty25MrsLafferty25 member
edited August 2013 in Parenting
Omg. I just read mine, and I feel like such an idiot. It was the very first thing I decided to post, and I got 5 pages of comments!
The only think cool about that thread is when Sookie and Kirky rewrote the bible. and all the other cool people in it. lol It is pretty embarrassing so I don't want to link it, but damn I made an ass out of myself.
Anyone else have something they have posted that they aren't to proud of?

Re: Have you ever gone back and read your most flamed post?

• Mine was deleted by the BGs.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Mine was deleted by the BGs.  
    I wish mine would have been deleted, but only because I am embarrassed of it.

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think I ever got flamed for anything but I did find a flammable post from when I first started posting in 2010.  I once made a ridiculous statement that rightfully pissed off a bunch of SAHMs that was back in my sanctimommy phase.
  • Other than some little petty things I haven't really been flamed all that much.  Not for anything serious anyways.  I have had net battles though.
    I think I have been flamed maybe twice, but don't think I have ever really net battled with anyone. I did stick my nose into shit once, and got called out for it by JM+S, but I honestly wasn't trying to start anything. I just felt bad for some one who probably didn't need my help to begin with.
  • When I was pg with Ds, Dh walked in on me using the bathroom. I kept asking him to get out but he kept insisting that he'd just grab the toothpaste first. I grabbed the TP and screamed for him to get out! When I was finished, I threw the toothpaste out the front door into the snow so Dh had to put boots on to retrieve. I wasn't flamed hard but I did get teased and I got all butt hurt and angry. Good times
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I got a bit slammed under my last sn on trouble in paradise on the nest.

I was upset that my MIL was pissy about my first pregnancy and that she'd say snarky things about how I was just a distraction to DH during med school.

Everyone basically responded that they'd be really pissed if their kid got married during med school and that they'd be horrified about a pregnancy as well, and that I shouldn't expect people to be happy when it wasn't that great of news.

Yeah, that stung a bit. I'm not 100%sure what my last sn was even, so I haven't read it over.

image image
  • I got a bit slammed under my last sn on trouble in paradise on the nest. I was upset that my MIL was pissy about my first pregnancy and that she'd say snarky things about how I was just a distraction to DH during med school. Everyone basically responded that they'd be really pissed if their kid got married during med school and that they'd be horrified about a pregnancy as well, and that I shouldn't expect people to be happy when it wasn't that great of news. Yeah, that stung a bit. I'm not 100%sure what my last sn was even, so I haven't read it over.

Wow, that's sad that your mil acted that way, and even worse that others backed her up:(

• POF ripped me a new one a few times, and I was always on the wrong side of LCB. But I don't have linkies or anything fun.
    I was just a dirty little lurker back in the LCB and Yankee days, and I am soooo glad I stayed away from them.
  • I pissed off my BMB FB group and they spammed the board for hours. It was a flaming, but I was mostly embarrassed because the drama was so ridiculous and I felt like I had a hand in taking it down to the middle school level. And I participated in fat shaming once when I was newish, I feel awful about that still. 
    Richard Simmons gif
  • I think almost every post I've made in my short bump life (1 other sn) was totally flamed and after a particularly nasty one where i was being attacked and started cussing people out, I gave up, changed names and now I just lurk and occasionally post.
  • I really wouldn't say I got flamed, but it was my first post and people questioned me a lot. I probably sounded really immature.

I think I remember that.  You intro'd right after one of the troll debacles and people gave you somewhat of a hard time. 
  • @mrslafferty25 I remember something involving purses that caused a bunch of hoopla and then a bunch of jokes.
  • I don't think I've been flamed, really. Other than some bitch on the Cloth Diapering board once. She was a snatchy know it all to me. I don't think I post regularly enough to be in the midst of any controversy. I am a teeny bit scared of my first flaming. There are some pithy ladies around here!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I don't think I've been flamed, really. Other than some bitch on the Cloth Diapering board once. She was a snatchy know it all to me. I don't think I post regularly enough to be in the midst of any controversy. I am a teeny bit scared of my first flaming. There are some pithy ladies around here!

At the time you're all angry and grumpy and then you get up the next day and realize you may have said something dumb or wrong. And you're embarrassed.

image image
  • I pissed off my BMB FB group and they spammed the board for hours. It was a flaming, but I was mostly embarrassed because the drama was so ridiculous and I felt like I had a hand in taking it down to the middle school level. And I participated in fat shaming once when I was newish, I feel awful about that still. 
    I didn't know this happened. I heard Mack left the FB group but I figured that was all that happened on there worthy of drama.
    The original FB group. I left and talked shit about them and thereby brought their wrath upon us all. 
    Richard Simmons gif
  • I don't even know where you find such things. 

• @mrslafferty25 @bearsbearsbears

Yeah, the old trouble in paradise board had a really odd vibe.

I mean, I got that she didn't have to be jumping up and down and that she didn't have to be excited, since it's our life, but that was a sad day for me.

image image
  • No big flaming but ghostmonkey (under her old SN) and I had some words on TTGP once. But that was like 4 years ago and totally not a big deal.

image   image

• Yes, I have been flammed before.  It wasnt pretty.  How do you look up past posts that you were flammed in?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got flamed back in the day when we'd have lots of political debates. Or debates about religion. Glad that stuff is over!
    imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • I haven't been flamed yet, but I battled it out on my BMB once when someone called me out for "flaming" (read: politely disagreeing with) someone's FFFC that our P&R board was too snarky. I only said that I thought everyone was really nice thought she should check out some other boards for point of reference. Then ZOMG HOW DARE YOU FLAME HER *FLAME FREE* FC!!!!!

I didn't stay on that board much longer...
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • There was once a post with the subject of "What do you judge people on TB for" or something like that, and I made an ignorant and poorly thought-out comment about SAHMs. I am fairly new to TB, and then for several posts after that, people said, "Aren't you the chick who made that stupid comment about SAHMs?" I haven't gone back to look for it, but I am kind of curious about whether people still hate me or if I've managed to recover from it. I'm sorry!
  • I didn't realize so many of you had different SNs at one point. Do I even know you guise at all?!?

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • More like civil netbattles for me, too. GM called me a newb once when I defended someone she didn't think deserved defending, but that's about it.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Oh GM called me a bitch once. I deleted my siggy pics after that Bc I was like "bitches be crazy up in here"

Rap Roller
  • I don't think I've been flamed but I've been snatchy on more than one occasion and it was uncalled for.
  • Maebb said:

There was once a post with the subject of "What do you judge people on TB for" or something like that, and I made an ignorant and poorly thought-out comment about SAHMs. I am fairly new to TB, and then for several posts after that, people said, "Aren't you the chick who made that stupid comment about SAHMs?" I haven't gone back to look for it, but I am kind of curious about whether people still hate me or if I've managed to recover from it. I'm sorry!

I remember.
  • NYMama1 said:
    @mrslafferty25 I remember something involving purses that caused a bunch of hoopla and then a bunch of jokes.
    Ugh. That was the one were I had said TPIS wasn't that bad, and I guess I hadn't been paying attention to what was going on, and people didn't like it. Then I said something about having to leave to go pick up my new bag from UPS lol.
  • Well, there was the naming my kid post my first weekend on tb, then there was the serial killer post, and the saving my dogs first post, the don't make fun of thin people post.....

There's more, but who has time or energy to list them all.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I rewrote the Bible?

Also, I don't think I've ever gotten what constitutes a flaming.

I will find those parts and post them when I get back home. I don't remember how the bible stuff started, but something was said and CG said that you two needed to rewrite it. It was over a year ago that this happened.

• Was that when Jesus jumped the shark and got swallowed by Jonah the whale?

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Was that when Jesus jumped the shark and got swallowed by Jonah the whale?
    I think so. I'm looking for it now.
  • theseawordtheseaword member
    edited August 2013
    I was flamed twice on the knot. One time I deserved it, one times didn't. I posted once asking if/how I could ask my bridesmaid not to bring her dickhead boyfriend. I deserved that flaming.
    The second post was someone calling me out on the not yet engaged board. I posted in one thread saying that I thought it was annoying that people flame posters for posting about planning their wedding before they were engaged. I mean, the board was called "not yet engaged", right? It should have had admiral Akbar permanently pinned to the top, because god help any not yet engaged idiots who tried to post there. Please note I was not planning my wedding without being engaged -I was flamed for white knighting some unknowing chumps.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • I don't remember being really flamed but I got in an argument with the mod on BF a few weeks ago.

Also @andrea99 I'm surprised. Dmnds isn't taken seriously by anyone over there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"