Baby Names

Girls and Boys names that start with the letter "C"

HI,

I am writing with the hope of some help in selecting a name for either boy or girl with the letter 'C'...sadly, we recently lost our little boy when I was 21 weeks PG, and we named him 'Chase'...we have high hopes of becoming PG again (so writing here makes me have something positive to look forward to), and would like to name our future baby after Chase by using the first letter.  I'm just not sure if I'd feel comfortable (pending it is a boy) naming him the same...thoughts?  My DH is against Connor or Colin for a boy and Chloe or Charlotte for a girl so all other options are welcomed:)  

I hope that this isn't too premature writing here, but as I mentioned, this makes me feel as if there is a light at the end of the tunnel for when we have our Rainbow baby! 

Thank you.

Re: Girls and Boys names that start with the letter "C"

• I think it's lovely to honor Chase by starting his brother/sister's name with the same letter :)

Boys:
    Cooper
    Calvin

Girls:
    Cecelia
    Catherine
    Caroline

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• sarahbeth27sarahbeth27 member
    edited August 2013
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it's a really sweet idea to honor Chase by using his first initial. I wouldn't use the same name - b/c that's Chase's name! <3

Boy options: Carter, Cooper, Cole, Casen, Carl, Clayton, Craig, Cameron
    Girl options: Caroline, Cassidy, Campbell, Claire, Clara, Courtney, Camilla, Calla

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry to hear about your loss. I really like the name Chase :)

Boys:
    Corey
    Christopher
    Chance
    Cameron
    Chad

Girls:
    Cecilia
    Cameron
    Cristin
    Cassidy or Cassie

My mind is drawing a blank. There are sites you can go to and type in the letter you want the name to start with and it will give you plenty of options.

Good luck to you! <3
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been heartbreaking.

I totally understand if you want the name Chase to stay with the baby you lost. And I think your idea is a nice way to honor his memory.

Boy C names: Carl, Charles, Cameron, Campbell, Camden, Ciaran, Caleb, Carson, Cole, Colby, Conrad, Cormac, Chad

Girl C names: Cassandra, Catherine, Camille, Carmen, Cara, Cecile, Cecilia, Cecily, Celeste, Colette, Cosette, Colleen, Cassiopeia, Caitlin, Cadence, Carla, Caroline, Carol 

On a related note, my brother was a producer on a movie about stillbirth and pregnancy loss. The director has turned it into a labor of love, and it might be something for you to check out. The web address is https://returntozerothemovie.com/mission.php

• bwralcbwralc member
    edited August 2013
    First of all I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know a sibset that is Connor and Chase so that is what I think of immediately.  Another nice C name for a boy is Cameron.  A pretty one for a girl is Catherine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Courtland
    Christoph
    Clement
    Clarence

Celestine
    Calliope
    Christa
    Currie (guilty pleasure name)
    Anniversary
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been heartbreaking.

I totally understand if you want the name Chase to stay with the baby you lost. And I think your idea is a nice way to honor his memory.

Boy C names: Carl, Charles, Cameron, Campbell, Camden, Ciaran, Caleb, Carson, Cole, Colby, Conrad, Cormac, Chad

Girl C names: Cassandra, Catherine, Camille, Carmen, Cara, Cecile, Cecilia, Cecily, Celeste, Colette, Cosette, Colleen, Cassiopeia, Caitlin, Cadence, Carla, Caroline, Carol 

On a related note, my brother was a producer on a movie about stillbirth and pregnancy loss. The director has turned it into a labor of love, and it might be something for you to check out. The web address is https://returntozerothemovie.com/mission.php

I just spent the last hour or two reading this and sobbing over all the stories. Thank you for sharing.

OP- I don't have any further suggestions, but I just wanted to say sorry for your loss.
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• So sorry for your loss. Best wishes that you meet your rainbow baby as soon as possible.

Girls:
    Candace
    Clara
    Christine/Christina
    Chelsea
    Christiana

Boys:
    Cedric
    Callum
    Castiel
    Conrad
    Cole