May 2014 Moms
Options

Do your pets know you are pregnant?

I know some don't believe that pets know, but I believe some do.

With my DS, early on, one of my dogs who is more of DH's dog (was his before we met and while she likes both of us, she tends to sit with him and sleeps up next to him)...she
started being very protective of me (if DH moved toward me suddenly she would perk up and make an advance at him like she might bite even though she has never bitten before). She also would lay with me more and lay as close to my lower abdomen as possible.

She's doing it again this time. Our boy dog doesn't seem to show any different characteristics. However our girl dog is now laying with me more again. Last night DH asked me if I thought she sensed the pregnancy. He wanted to test her and acted like he was going to hit my leg and she perked up and got defensive and acted like she might bite him. I had to tell him to stop because I didn't want him instigating things with her and making her think it was okay to bite.

Do you think your pets know?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Do your pets know you are pregnant?

• Options
    My male Lab won't leave my side... I haven't peed alone in 2 weeks!
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Options
    Our puggle has been following me around everywhere and has been extra cuddly with me this week.  He's always a cuddlebug though.  Our pug who has always been very attached to me hasn't really changed at all.  I don't think either of them "sensed" it yet but I do believe some dogs become attuned to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My guy hasn't been any different, other than that he desperately needed to have a good sniff of my arm pit when I was sitting on the couch today. He always snuggles and follows me everywhere anyways though.
  • Options
    My dog seems the same. She has a constant need to follow either me or my husband around and then she'll disappear to cause some mischief. She's only 15 months old so wonder if its bc she's still a puppy herself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My dog used to sleep at my feet now is curled up by my stomach at night but she's jumping on me a lot too so maybe not
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My girls are both super cuddly as it is, so I haven't noticed a difference yet, but I totally believe that animals can sense these things. 
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options
    My boxer never left my side during my pregnancy with my daughter but I haven't noticed this time around. Wonder if they can smell the hormone change or something
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"