Breastfeeding
Options

Herbal Supplements

So I know I have seen posts before talking about herbal supplements to increase supply. I am EP (and supplementing with formula) and lately I haven't even been able to get 1oz per session. I know that Fenugreek is suggested to increase supply and I was wondering if it matters what brand I buy? I was thinking of buying it at GNC and I know they have their own brand as well as others. Also I have heard of Motherlove More Milk Plus and was wondering if anyone has used this also? I was looking online and the More Milk Plus is a little more pricey and it looks like I would have to order it online. So should I just start with the fenugreek and see how that works first? Or would should I try both at the same time? Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? FTM here and totally lost and a little frustrated that my supply is dropping (especially after the disappointment of not being able to EBF in the first place). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! 

Re: Herbal Supplements

• Options
    I haven't used fenugreek, but I would strongly recommend brewer's yeast. I see an uptick in supply within a day of eating it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Where can you buy brewers yeast? What is the best way to eat it and how much?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can get brewers yeast at gnc. It comes in powder and pills. I use the powder to make lactation cookies which have the brewers yeast, flax seeds and oatmeal which are all good for supply. Look up dr mommas recipe. I also take 4 of the pills 3-4 Times a day. I eat oatmeal every morning with flax seeds and I add flax seeds to smoothies. Other good supplements are fenugreek 3 caps 3 Times a day, I get mine from gnc. I also took blessed thistle 3 caps 3 Times a day, my gnc doesn't have it so I got it from the vitamin shoppe but I no longer take it since there is some in the mothers milk tea. I drink mothers milk tea 3-5 Times a day, I get it from gnc but I know they have it at babies r us and I'm sure many other places. My LO is 11 wo and I was finally able to meet her demand at 5 weeks and we have not used formula since and I have been able to put about 70oz in the freezer
  • Options
    You can also eat the brewer's yeast powder, but it tastes gross. I mix a tablespoon into a glass of OJ and take it like a shot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just started fenugreek, and it has worked great for me.  I just got the cheaper one at Whole Foods, and it has been fine.  You can also try eating oatmeal regularly.

GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"