Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Want to share my happy!

Hello ladies, I am still a bit new but I wanted to share my happy with people who will understand.  A bit of background, I got my BFP in May of 2013.  By June it was discovered that I had a blighted ovum.  I had a D&C and was told we could try again after a cycle or two.  After my July cycle we decided we would just see what would happen, never expecting to get pregnant again so soon.  To our surprise it happened that cycle and as of this past Wednesday we hit the 7 week mark. Due to my age (I just turned 38)  my doctor monitored hcg and progesterone with both pregnancies.  My progesterone dropped so I have been placed on supplements and they scheduled the first ultrasound for this past Wednesday.  With the first pregnancy I had a bad gut feeling something was wrong and was proven right.  This time I felt good, like everything is ok.  All of my friends were worried about my ultrasound day because it was also my birthday.  They said that if I got bad news it would be horrible that it would be on my birthday whereas I said it would be an awesome birthday present to get good news.  Good news was just what I got!  I could see right away that there was something in the gestational sac and then we saw the heartbeat!  I have large fibroids so it was difficult to see anything at first but I had a great u/s tech and after much trying to capture the sound of the heartbeat she was able to let us hear the sweetest music we could possibly hear, a strong normal 7 week heartbeat!  We are so excited and in awe of this wonderful little being and can not wait to get to know him/her better.  Thank you for listening (reading) my happy :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: Want to share my happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"