Pregnant after 35
Options

Update on talking to MD about TTC

I met with my OB yesterday. She was great and very encouraging. She wants to get the ball rolling on starting to rule things out. I have to get blood work drawn on Day 21 (ish) of my cycle to check my antimularian hormone level. On Day 3 of my cycle, I will get my FSH level, estradiol level and thyroid levels checked. She also recommended my husband have a sperm analysis done. I have an appt with the RE mid Sept and she encouraged me to keep that so we could move along and try to figure out how we can best conceive. She stated the RE would draw quite a bit of blood work and perform many tests and that together they would help me come up with a plan as to how to move forward. She did mention after my next period performing a hysterosalpinogram (HSG) to see if my tubes are blocked.

As scary and intimidating as it is to think of all of this and what is coming down the road, I am happy to have a plan. Wanted to share this and hope it might help someone out there in the same boat! Thanks for all of the encouragement and helpful advice! 

Re: Update on talking to MD about TTC

• Options
    It's always good to have a plan. Hope you get some answers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First of all I want to wish you the best , I hope you will get the answers you need to find your way to a successful pregnancy! But I'm wondering, and please don't take this the wrong way, if you should be posting this on TTC35 rather than PG35? It seems you would want to share your experience with other women who are TTC and going through the same difficulties rather than posting on a board for women who have successfully become pregnant. Don't get me wrong, many of us here have ridden the IF rollercoaster and understand what you are going through, but we are on the other side now enjoying our miracle. So we aren't in the same boat. I highly recommend you go to TTC35, the ladies there are awesome and you will find a lot of support. Many of us here were on that board before we got our bfp. That being said, I hope we will see you back over here with a bfp real soon!! :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OP I just saw that you also posted this on TTC35. Excellent. FYI it's helpful if you let everyone know you are posting something on more than one board. The easy way to do this is simply by preceding your post title with XP. That way someone won't needlessly suggest you post somewhere else, as I just did! Again, best of luck to you!! Hope you will get your sticky bean!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Good luck to you! Glad you aren't wasting time and have an RE appointment.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"