Boston Babies
Options

Intro/Question

Hi Ladies!

I've been around the bump, but never really spent any time on this local board. DH and I have been ttc for over a year, and we are about to start the process of IF testing/treatment, and I'm not sure of where I should go. I already called my insurance company, so I know where I CAN go, but there are so many choices that I would seriously appreciate any recommendations. My insurer recommended going directly to an RE/Infertility center, rather than getting further testing done with my OB. I live in SE Mass, but I have no problem traveling up to Boston. 

I know for sure I can go to:
Mass General
Brigham and Women's
Women and Infants
Reproductive Science Center in Lexington
Boston IVF
Fertility Solutions in Dedham

Thanks in advance!!
TTC since 8/2012

Re: Intro/Question

• Options
    I am currently pregnant with LO2 after my 2nd IUI at Brigham. I highly recommend BWH. I don't have anything negative to say about them. You feel like you're in really good hands over there, the staff is very professional and they have their procedures down pat. I don't know what your diagnosis is, but we were unexplained, and we got our BFP very quickly (1st consult in December, pregnant by April). Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you @doublefiesta!
    TTC since 8/2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am currently 8 1/2 weeks pregnant through my 1st IVF at B&W (my IF is unexplained..I'm 36).  They are awesome - especially the nurses, who you deal with the most. Dr Yanushpolsky is our doctor and we really like her a lot - she is a straight shooter though and doesn't coddle, so if you are looking for someone with a sweet bedside manner, I'd def recommend trying out one of the other docs.  All in all I have nothing but great things to say about them. I've heard great things about Boston IVF as well.  We consulted with them too, but felt B&W had better success rates, and were more flexible with our plan.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks!
    TTC since 8/2012

• Options

I have been with the Brigham for many years now and cannot say enough good things about them.  I work with Dr. Srouji and love her, but all doctors there are good really.  Also, they all tend to consult with another if needed on your case, so i always felt like I had the benefit of a team of doctors and not just one.

I also have many friends who went to MGH and loved it but cannot speak from personal experience.  but I heart Dr. Srouji.

• Options
    I used Dr. Shifren at Newton Wellesley.  She works out of both Newton Wellesley and MGH. (The practices are connected)  I cannot recommend her enough. The entire team is fantastic.  I'm 35 weeks after 2 IVFs.
    Married 9/09 TTC since 9/10 DH Diagnosed with severe MFI 3/11 Micro Tese 10/11 unsuccessful Using Donor IUI #1 BFN 2/12 IUI# 2 Stimulated BFN 3/12 IUI #3 Stimulated BFN 4/12 Mock IVF 4/12 June 2012 IVF #1 - chemical pregancy January 2013 IVF #2- ET on 1/16. Beta on 1/30
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"