Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Mattress pads for QuickZip crib sheets?

Twins are on their way for Jan/Feb 2014, and we've been weighing the QuickZip crib sheet approach against the traditional crib sheet approach. We like the idea of the QuickZip, but if we go with a fitted mattress pad, it seems like it might defeat the purpose. The accompanying Clouds and Stars mattress pad gets pretty uniformly terrible reviews though. Has anyone found a good reliable flat crib sheet that works well with the QuickZip? I guess waterproof and stays in place are the two requisities, right?

We're also open to advice that migt convince that us with a waterproof mattress (we're leaning towards the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Firmness All Foam Crib Mattress, which has a waterproof nylon cover) that a mattress pad is overkill; or that we should just go the traditional sheet route.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Mattress pads for QuickZip crib sheets?

• Options

That screams gimmicky to me.  It seems like it would take a whole lot longer to get the zipper connected and zip it all the way around a whole mattress than to just pop a sheet on.

We have a waterproof mattress you likely DO want a mattress pad cover as it is incredibly uncomfortable to sleep on a waterproof mattress with only a thin sheet...you would wake up soaked in sweat. 

All the mattress pads I found were very expensive and had all sort of chemicals and more vinyl.  I just bought 2 huge thin beach towel size towels (they were perfect crib mattress size) and I sewed seamstress elastic on the ends to keep it snug and from moving.  Now, it a nice layer of breathable, absorbent material between baby and the waterproof mattress. I made 2, so I always have one on the crib and one in the wash. It also helps soak up any pee etc., that may happen.  A sheet alone on a waterproof mattress may not be enough to prevent the pee from rolling off onto the floor!

• Options
    People who own the sheets swear by them...mostly because you dont have to lift the mattress out of the crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the sheets and like them. We don't use a mattress pad at all, our mattress is waterproof.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"