Parenting

Question for men or moms of school age boys

Do boys have a lot of sleepovers? Would they share the same bed?

I'm buying a double bed for DD's room so she can stay up all night giggling with her little friends as she gets older. I was going to do the same for DS but DH says he won't use it. I think DH just had too many brothers to have an authentic sleepover experience. 

Thoughts?
Richard Simmons gif

Re: Question for men or moms of school age boys

• I'm not a man nor do I have a school age boy but my brother did. When he got older, one would sleep on the floor but up until preteen age they did.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dunno. 
    I think my brothers shared a bed with their friends while growing up. I remember walking in when they were in high school (passed out drunk) and 2 guys were in the bed, one on the little sofa in his room and one on the floor. ...then like 3 more dudes in our living room. 
    Apparently this was totally normal. 

• Loading the player...
  • J is eleven and I have yet to host a sleep over. His cousin stays with him frequently at his dad's house, but he uses a fold out mattress thing on the floor in J's bedroom. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• When my brother had sleepovers they just slept in sleeping bags. 
  • DS and his friends usually do sleeping bags spread throughout his room. Although I must caution you to delay sleepovers as long as possible :) They are there own special kind of torture.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • As a parent I would not love the idea of my kid sleeping in bed with your kid at your house. Boy or girl. Family is ok, but a friend from school... No. Especially one they are school aged
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • kgopel said:
    As a parent I would not love the idea of my kid sleeping in bed with your kid at your house. Boy or girl. Family is ok, but a friend from school... No. Especially one they are school aged
    Huh. I guess that's a good point. I always shared beds with my girlfriends growing up...and still do on occasion. I wouldn't give it a second thought but I wouldn't want another family to be uncomfortable. 
    Richard Simmons gif
  • Up until five or six, same bed. After that yes sleepovers, in sleeping bags.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • My best friend and I would sometimes be in the same bed. It wasn't even an issue. We were just kids. My first sleepover at her house I slept in my NKOTB sleeping bag but after not so much. I remember one night when we were young teens that we made a huge floor bed at her house. Stuffed a large fitted sheet w any bedding we could fine. Was all fine an dandy until I saw the scorpion tail go between our heads. Thank god we were still awake. Shit that was scary. Her uncle who was staying w her family chased that bastard down and put him in a jar. We wound up on her bed lol. I grew up in w so cal desert btw. 

• I have a boy and a girl and all of their friends when they have sleepovers consisted of sleeping in sleeping bags, including the child whose house they were at.  They camp out in the living room.

• He's only been to one, and he's about to turn 10. We are buying bunk beds this weekend, and right now he has a trundle bed. The only sleep over he has, which doesn't really "count" I guess, is with my little brother because they are only 2 years apart. They never sleep together, one is always on the floor, both on the floor with different sleeping bags, or at my house the trundle gets pulled out.
    A: 10.02.03     

M: 01.28.11 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"