Parenting
Options

Fresh Hell Friday.

Bring all your stories that fall under the heading of "What Kind of Fresh Hell is this?"

Example:  The UO Thread from A14. 

It does not have to be from TB.  It can be from any website or just a personal anecdote.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: Fresh Hell Friday.

• Options
    Aw, Eddy! I'm sorry. I hate that.

Mine is that I'm sharing a classroom with a person who isn't very culturally responsive or even aware, so she keeps wanting to do things that will alienate half the kids.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    My fresh hell was yesterday. My supposed loving hubs decided that I needed to be punished for "ruining"  his first Father's Day,he did this by not acknowledging my birthday yesterday.  He said that I ruined his first Father's Day by arguing with him, when he was the one that started the fight with me in the first place.  So in order to get back at me he decided to ignore my birthday, which wouldn't have bothered me IF, on Mother's Day he didn't take me to pick up an Edible Arrangement for HIS MOTHER and then only giving me a CARD.  I feel like I'm 12, arggghhh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Spooko said:

I saw an article last night where a 8yo boy and a 6yo girl stole their parents car in the middle of the night and the boy crashed, killing his sister. That seems like a very real hell.

Wow! I actually feel bad for that kid. He is going to have to live with that guilt for the rest of his life. And his poor parents! So sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options

My fresh hell was yesterday. My supposed loving hubs decided that I needed to be punished for "ruining"  his first Father's Day,he did this by not acknowledging my birthday yesterday.  He said that I ruined his first Father's Day by arguing with him, when he was the one that started the fight with me in the first place.  So in order to get back at me he decided to ignore my birthday, which wouldn't have bothered me IF, on Mother's Day he didn't take me to pick up an Edible Arrangement for HIS MOTHER and then only giving me a CARD.  I feel like I'm 12, arggghhh

That is really douchey. I'm so sorry he did that on your birthday.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    eddy321 said:

I just went back to work.  Four days in, and I got caught up in a shitstorm of politics that is ridiculous and really making me dread being back.  I'm having visions of the kind of hell hole school can be when you have the wrong environment.  I just want to teach my kids and enjoy my job, and it looks like this isn't going to be the year where that happens.

That sucks! Can you avoid the teacher's lounge? Some teachers keep to themselves and I always saw that as a good decision.

• Options
    I'll refer you to my "locked baby in car" post. Blah.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options

That is awful and petty.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options

I'm sorry, your DH is how old? FFS.
  • Options

That's awful! Someone needs to shake some sense into your DH.

• Options
    DH took my car keys last night to run an errand and then didn't put them back. SO I call him 5 times this morning trying to figure out where they are while trying to wrangle the kids. I looked everywhere and then had to dig around to find where we put the spare key.

He calls me back an hour later and then gets mad at me because apparently I was "mad at him for no reason" All I did was say why I called him 5 times and that I never found them. He said " I'm done with this conversation because I don't feel like being yelled at this early in the morning.

I may or may not have thrown my phone onto the floorboard of the car.
  • Options
    My coworker (the bsc one) walked in yesterday from the bathroom and said "I am going to need some probiotics. Mr. Hankey is about to come out." 

Oh.
    She is just the gift that keeps on giving that you didn't want in the first place. 

Like the Jelly of the Month club. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    katem3277 said:
    @prncebride that story is horrible.  I'm sorry it happened and I think it sounds like you guys might need some help communicating.  If he was that upset he needs to talk that shit out with you.
    @katem3277, It's easier wrangling cats than it is to get him to talk. 
  • Options
    My football game that I must watch and be emotionally involved in this weekend starts at 9PM

Ain't nobody got time to not sleep.

• Options
    My dd last her damn mind last night at bedtime. The screaming was out of this world. Luckily she still doesn't have the skills to turn the doorknob, but she flung herself out of her crib (first time ever) and didn't seem to flinch. When I went in there were no tears, just a demand that she be let out now! WTF? When I said no she yelled " Rock me!!!" Ummm no...how about we lay down and go to sleep. She was defiantly not being my normal baby girl.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kiraliz2 said:
    Oh also. It just came out that the reason Perry vetoed an equal pay act in TX (which was voted through with bipartisan support) was because retail giants were lobbying him to.

I'm not surprised but I'm still outraged. I fucking hate that man.

www.thedailybeast.com/witw/articles/2013/08/09/did-corporate-lobbyists-sway-rick-perry-s-equal-pay-bill-veto.html
    What is the Equal Pay Act?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    @eddy321 I was hoping you would have a good week:( Sorry work is rough. Maybe it'll get better.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    kiraliz2 said:
    @CinemaGoddess It was a bill to "provide uniformity between federal and state anti-discrimination laws". It built on the Lily Ledbetter act.
    Ok, so the outrage comes from him doing it because of lobbyist pressure, not because it was the right thing to do?  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Or is it not "the right thing to do"?

Coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Ok, I totally missed the word veto. 

KICK IN, COFFEE.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    EXP_626 said:
    Igoo0304 said:
    DH took my car keys last night to run an errand and then didn't put them back. SO I call him 5 times this morning trying to figure out where they are while trying to wrangle the kids. I looked everywhere and then had to dig around to find where we put the spare key.

He calls me back an hour later and then gets mad at me because apparently I was "mad at him for no reason" All I did was say why I called him 5 times and that I never found them. He said " I'm done with this conversation because I don't feel like being yelled at this early in the morning.

I may or may not have thrown my phone onto the floorboard of the car.

Jerk.

I swear DH and I have a fight about car keys at least once a week. Any time he uses a key, he just sticks it in his pocket instead of putting it back in its place.
    Last weekend we went out of state (3ish hours away) with my parents to a family thing. During our time there my dad drove my grandma back to her house in her car and we followed. Then we got back to my parents' house at like 8:00pm and guess what was in my dad's pocket. That's right, Grandma's keys.

That is always the first place I look but no luck this morning. I imagine they are stuffed down in a couch cushion or something.
  • Options

Ok, I totally missed the word veto. 

KICK IN, COFFEE.  
    @CinemaGoddess, I read it as "voted for" instead of "vetoed" the first time, so I was confused right along with you.

It seems like it's a tough competition between TX and my lovely home state (GA) on which state has the worst politicians and legislators.
  • Options
    This is a minor FWP compared to you all but maybe you can help me - does anyone have an elementary age child that knows how to do a magic subtraction square? WTF IS THIS? I never did magic subtraction squares in elementary I will tell you that much.

Actual fresh hell - I'm pretty sure I heard domestic violence going on last night while walking my dog but I don't know the people or if they're even living together or what was going on so I couldn't call or anything. I was very nervous all night.

Formerly known as KJLx121.
  • Options

My coworker (the bsc one) walked in yesterday from the bathroom and said "I am going to need some probiotics. Mr. Hankey is about to come out." 

Oh.
    Seriously??
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @mackalien13 lived 45 minutes away from me not once, but TWICE before we knew each other. She was basically in my backyard and I didn't even know her. 

WHAT KIND OF FRESH HELL IS THAT?
    This is inzayn.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    MrsCodeMonkeyMrsCodeMonkey member
    edited August 2013
    KJLx121 said:

This is a minor FWP compared to you all but maybe you can help me - does anyone have an elementary age child that knows how to do a magic subtraction square? WTF IS THIS? I never did magic subtraction squares in elementary I will tell you that much.

Actual fresh hell - I'm pretty sure I heard domestic violence going on last night while walking my dog but I don't know the people or if they're even living together or what was going on so I couldn't call or anything. I was very nervous all night.

Google the math. You might even get a youtube video.

About the domestic violence, that sucks!

The other night there were 4 cop cars, including the sheriff at my neighbor's house. They asked DH if he heard anything because the neighbor reported a physical altercation involving a male at their house.

Later they sent over their daughter who plays with DD to ask if we got robbed because they thought they did. But it turned out the missing things were at her grandma's. Who calls 911 for a few missing items? The whole thing sounded fishy. I told the girl if they ever feel unsafe to come over.

They've been nothing but nice, so it's surprsing that there's drama going on. Hope they're all okay.

• Options
    @MrsCodeMonkey - you are smart. I will consult the google gods.

And yeah, that seems all kinds of fishy.
    Then again, the neighbors constantly have the cops over because the woman who owns the house has a boyfriend. Boyfriend has an autistic son who has trouble communicating. Evil bitchy woman baits him until he hits her. She calls the cops to take him away to his mom's because "assault." 3 days later he's back and it starts again the next week. Soooo. I know all about the fishy cop car crap.

• Options
    @spooko - the google gods did not even help me, Spooko. I am going to have to go to my college math teacher in less then 20 minutes and admit I had NO FREAKING IDEA what this problem for 4th graders was about.
    Fricken subtraction squares. *grumbles angrily in corner*

• Options
    KJLx121 said:
    @spooko - the google gods did not even help me, Spooko. I am going to have to go to my college math teacher in less then 20 minutes and admit I had NO FREAKING IDEA what this problem for 4th graders was about.
    Fricken subtraction squares. *grumbles angrily in corner*

My husband teches a lot of the "new" math stuff to 3rd graders. I don't get any of it. I struggle with old math, please don't try and change what I know!
  • Options
    I hate this shit. Did I tell anyone I'm considering some type of permanent child care? Like not even bothering getting my certification just getting my bachelor's in education and opening a day care or something?
    I don't want to deal with the BS that is education lately. Augh.

• Options
    Sorry I turned this totally legitimate thread into a bitchfest about child math but I think it needed to be done.
    I has class from 12:20 to 1:15. I will be leaving in a few minutes and will be back about 2? K.

• Options
    Has anyone heard the New Math song? It is hilarious but it makes my brain hurt.

https://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/tom+lehrer/new+math_20138395.html
  • Options
    KJLx121 said:
    Sorry I turned this totally legitimate thread into a bitchfest about child math but I think it needed to be done.
    I has class from 12:20 to 1:15. I will be leaving in a few minutes and will be back about 2? K.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    prncebride said: My fresh hell was yesterday. My supposed loving hubs decided that I needed to be punished for "ruining"  his first Father's Day,he did this by not acknowledging my birthday yesterday.  He said that I ruined his first Father's Day by arguing with him, when he was the one that started the fight with me in the first place.  So in order to get back at me he decided to ignore my birthday, which wouldn't have bothered me IF, on Mother's Day he didn't take me to pick up an Edible Arrangement for HIS MOTHER and then only giving me a CARD.  I feel like I'm 12, arggghhh Dude. NO. I thought about you yesterday ( ok, I missed you lots!) and was hoping you were having a kick ass time. Screw this, move to the west coast,and marry me, I will buy you pretty shoes and wine and dine you. BAD Mr.prncebride!

imageimage

• Options
    My extended family is coming from OOT to visit. I love my family but I can only handle them in small doses and I already know I'm gonna hear how my new house is 'messy' or whatever they wanna start on. I don't need wine....I need a margarita.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CTGirl30 said:

eddy321 said:

eddy321 said:

I just went back to work.  Four days in, and I got caught up in a shitstorm of politics that is ridiculous and really making me dread being back.  I'm having visions of the kind of hell hole school can be when you have the wrong environment.  I just want to teach my kids and enjoy my job, and it looks like this isn't going to be the year where that happens.

That sucks! Can you avoid the teacher's lounge? Some teachers keep to themselves and I always saw that as a good decision.
    It's actually not a staff issue. There were a few parents who requested that their kids not have me as a teacher. Despite the fact that there were just as many parents who requested me and the high school teachers made a point to say how well-prepared my kids are and how glad they are that I'm teaching 8th grade again, my principal seems to be focused on the negative. He doesn't understand that the parents are upset because I held their kids accountable for shenanigans and because I didn't cave to the parents requesting things like, "Little Johnny shouldn't have detention because he didn't mean to yell at the substitute," or "Little Susie should be exempt from that homework assignment because she doesn't like writing creatively."

There's a section of parents in our district who are very used to being coddled. I didn't coddle them. I stand by my decision, but it was clearly unwise in the sense that now I have to play politics and somehow make up for it. Ugh.
    I hate people like that. Entitled assholes who think the rules apply to everyone but them and their precious spawn. Who will be the next crop of entitled assholios, sadly.

Good for you for not coddling.
    I agree. My old district used to cater to parents. I hated it. I don't think you pick your boss as an adult, so why pick your teacher? I think students need to just do the work and not expect special treatment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"