May 2012 Moms
Options

Just need to vent....

So, when I got pregnant I weighed about 160.  Which on my 5'3" frame was overweight a bit.  During my pregnancy I let myself go crazy. Which was so stupid, because I know the way my family history is with weight gain.  So the day I delivered, I weighed 220lbs.  I thought I was GOING TO DIE being that heavy.  Was on bed rest the last two weeks, and delivered early due to preE.  So after baby, I came down to 182.  Then again, dumb be gained another 10 lbs.  So I have been trying to lose weight the last 2 months and have lost 10 lbs.  Back down to 182.  But...

Over the last two weeks, I have gotten asked by FOUR people I used work with at my old job (grocery store, so I'm in there often) if I was pregnant again.  The first 2 times I just shook it off. The third time, I was irritated.  Now tonight I was out on a walk with my son (DH working til close tonight) and a woman I used to work with walks by, and first thing she says is "oh!! you're pregnant again!" Not a question of if I was.  Just a statement that I am.  I just looked at her, and said, actually I'm not. And she says "oh... you haven't lost your baby weight yet?"  I wanted to run away, but I tried to be really polite and just end the conversation and keep walking.  I am going to the gym 4 times a week, trying like hell to keep my eating under control, and yet I still get asked this? Of course it is none of her business and I shouldn't let it get my down.  But I called my mom and just sobbed on the phone to her when I got home.  I think it is so incredibly rude to ask someone unless it is blatantly obvious that they are pregnant, which I don't feel like I look.  I just happen to still carry the weight in mostly my mid section.

Sorry this is long, but I am just having a hard time getting myself over this one.  I feel like I need to start grocery shopping elsewhere... and I guess not leave my house, since I can't even take an evening stroll with my son. :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Just need to vent....

• Options
    Hugs! I'm sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I'm sure that's very hurtful - I would want to say something very snarky back, but would settle for "that's an interesting assumption" and walk off, make them feel like the jerk they are.

I once had a family member (not close, so hadn't seen me for a while) say to me "you look like you've gained weight"...who in their right mind thinks a woman would want to hear that?  Some people just have no sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling down. And that other people are so thoughtless.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry. People really need to think before they say stupid things. It took me a long time to lose all my baby weight with my first. Try not to get discouraged. hugs! 
  • Options
    That's horrible! Try not to get discouraged. It seems to take forever before people notice body changes. I've been trying to lose my last 20 pounds for 10 months now. I've lost 5. But it's 5 I wouldn't want back on! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That sucks. I can't relieve that people just say whatever they are thinking. I NEVER assume that someone is pregnant. I have before and felt so terrible that she wasn't
    I had a really hard time losing weight after Emma was born. In fact I still had 10 lbs to go and then we got pregnant with reed. I have 6 lbs from him and te 10 from her and then I will be at pp weight from my three year old. I don't know why but that last few is always hard to get off.
    Tara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"