January 2013 Moms
Options

Not Napping at Daycare?

DS started daycare last week. He seems very content there, is always happy when I pick him up, but has been barely napping- yesterday he took two half hour naps all day! This is my sleepy baby who can spend half the day napping when he's home with me. Each day he has fallen asleep on the car ride home, and needed to go down for a way-too-late 5 PM nap. Any advice on helping them get him to sleep? At home, he uses his lovey, but they apparently have a nothing-in-the-crib policy. It is also bright in that room, and the other children are playing all day. It would be a shame to have to switch providers because of this but I don't want to torture him with sleep deprivation!

Re: Not Napping at Daycare?

• Options
    Give it a little time. It's a big adjustment for him. There are lots of things to see and play with. It's boring at home, he's seen it all before, so it's easier to fall asleep. Mine took a couple of weeks before she started napping well.

• Options
    What's a nap?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the same issue, I am just giving it time, they will eventually adjust, i hope!

• Options
    I agree with PP. It took DD about two weeks to get adjusted to nap time at daycare. She still will take a cat nap on our way home which just gets her ready to greet DH when he gets home/supper time. I hate they can't have a lovie/blanket but it's the law, a paci works in some cases with DD. Good Luck...just give your sweet LO a little time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Thanks for the support. I know it will take time to adjust, but it is so hard being away from him and makes me terribly sad to think of him struggling to sleep. At least he seems happy! I just stopped in to visit him since I get out of class early on Thursdays and he was playing nicely.
  • Options
    My LO has been in daycare for 3 months and still doesnt take but maybe 2 half hour naps. I always pick her up and she is so sleepy. Sometimes i put her down for a nap but never past 6 pm. Its tough, but she never seems very fussy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"