High-Risk Pregnancy

Baby dropped or something else?

I'm a FTM and at risk of PTL after going into PTL at 24wks; i've been on bed rest since.
Yesterday and today i've been having sharp/pinching pains very low almost right above my pubic bone as well as sharp pains in my hips. I called my OB's office just in case it may be a UTI and they told me to watch it, they also mentioned it could be the baby dropping but i'm only 33wks. If I have pain while urinating i'm supposed to come in for a urine sample and they also suggested I take Procardia in case it's mild contractions but I really try to limit taking the medication.

For STMs, do you remember what it felt like when your baby dropped? 

My next apt is on Tuesday so i'm trying not to over think and jump for an apt. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby dropped or something else?

• I don't remember sharp pains from the baby dropping, just pressure. It could just be ligaments and muscles stretching.
  • Like ayreka said I just had a ton if pressure towards my pelvis. It's possible to drop early. Ds dropped at 31 weeks when I went into labor. But luckily he stayed put while I was on bedrest for a few weeks.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 38 weeks and started feeling the same thing this past week. But I'm a FTM so I can't really help. I know my LO has dropped because of an ultrasound (and everyone telling me that it looks like she dropped) but I have no idea if that's what causes the pinching every now and then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got really sharp, shooting pains in my pelvis area and shooting down my legs. My doctor said it could be the baby just hitting a nerve. I took a warm bath and that helped. As far as the baby dropping you will just begin to feel a lot more pressure on my pelvic bone. Like the very tip of my vagina will hurt (if that makes sense lol). It also kind of feels like the baby is about to fall out of me. Normally you can tell by looking at your stomach if he has dropped but I am still carrying really high and my doctor was able to feel his head when he checked me so he is down low for sure! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"