June 2013 Moms
Options

he/she

My lil guy was born with a head full of hair and always gets mistaken for a girl...i try to politely says HE is a BOY...i know it can be hard to tell but man it gets old...

Re: he/she

• Options
    Yeah, my go-to rule when meeting a baby is to say to the baby "what's your name" and unless its a deliberate girl/boy name I usually avoid the snafu :)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    yeah- I have had that too- "how old is she??" how annoying- because I don't think my baby looks like a girl...at all! he is clearly a boy- and if his boy clothes don't tell you that, then you're an idiot. lol. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We get a lot of he/boy comments and to be fair her hair is nice and full but is perfect for looking like a boy right now plus I don't have any headbands or anything on her when we are usually out so I can understand the confusion. 

I just gently correct them and move on with the conversation no big deal.  We noticed that if she isn't in pink then the tendency toward her being a boy are a lot higher.

• Options
    My DD doesn't have much hair and even though I put her in pink most days I still get asked, "how old is he?" It's annoying but I just politely correct them. It doesn't help that her name is Kori. Lol It's so confusing to people but they shouldn't assume.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same issue with my son, but people will always do that. When my cousin was a baby he was dressed in a full baseball uniform and people still said "she is so cute".
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    lioness13 said:

My DD doesn't have much hair and even though I put her in pink most days I still get asked, "how old is he?" It's annoying but I just politely correct them. It doesn't help that her name is Kori. Lol It's so confusing to people but they shouldn't assume.

My little guy is Riley and we've had to correct people after they refer to him as "she". It was mostly this one ER nurse that we told a thousand times Riley was, in fact, a boy after she kept saying "she". Lol. I knew we'd get that, but meh, what can you do?

I know my parents pierced my ears when I was 18 months old bc I apparently was called a boy over and over again. Funny part about that is the earrings didn't change anything. Oh well!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    Hasn't happened to us yet but he's bald and always has boy clothes on. My mom pierced my ears early cause she was also sick of hearing people call me he. I know it would get annoying especially when they are clearly dressed in boy/girl clothes but most babies just look like babies :)
  • Options
    It happens both ways and honestly it doesn't bother me much because at this age it really is hard to tell the difference. The only time it kinda bothered me was this lady at Target one day. DD was wearing bright pink and I corrected her no less than three times in conversation. I wanted to be like hello she's a girl!

• Options
    It doesn't matter whether they have hair or not. DS got called "she" even though he was bald and I dressed him in very boy-ish clothes. DD has more hair, is usually in girly clothes, and gets called "he." No big deal, even though it makes no sense to me.

• Options
    We get alot of he for our lil lady. The best was over the weekend, she was in teal, with pink, yellow and purple sunglasses on it. It was SUPER frilly at the sleeves too. This woman would seriously NOT hear she.
    Lady "Aww baby, how old?"
    Me "She's 8 weeks"
    Lady "He is so cute, how big"
    Me "She is over 11 lbs, 22"
    Lady "How handsome he is!"
    Me "Thanks, we think she looks awesome!"

:-@
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    LiLi23 said:

lioness13 said:

My little guy is Riley and we've had to correct people after they refer to him as "she". It was mostly this one ER nurse that we told a thousand times Riley was, in fact, a boy after she kept saying "she". Lol. I knew we'd get that, but meh, what can you do?

I know my parents pierced my ears when I was 18 months old bc I apparently was called a boy over and over again. Funny part about that is the earrings didn't change anything. Oh well!
    Haha this is hilarious because when we took our Riley (girl) to the er the nurse kept calling her a him but to be fair she was in just a diaper and had a neutral color binky. I kept saying she this and she that but the nurse just didn't take the hint. I kind of expected this to happen since obviously Riley is a name for a boy or girl.
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• Options
    lioness13 said:

Yup, Maddie has been in pink onesies, sleepers, etc on multiple occaisions and I get the "he is so cute, what's his name?"  I'm all for boys wearing pink and all but I would think most people would see a baby wearing pink and assume girl, apparently not. 
  • Options
    Last year, DD1 was a year old in a pink and white striped shirt, pink shorts and pink and white sneakers.  An old man in Home Depot stopped to tell us that she was such a cute little boy.  I didn't bother to correct him, but I laughed for the rest of the day about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Haha we get this too, I think she looks 100% girl but people call her "he" all the time. I generally dont mind but one time I had her in a pink ruffle dress with a pink head band with a giant flower on it and this lady asked how old "he" is haha
    Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"