July 2013 Moms

EBF baby's mamas!

This is a little yucky but I thought breast fed babies didn't have smelly gas or poos until solids were introduced. My LO really reeks already. She let one go when we were in bed, I moved the covers and thought I did it but didn't remember. I know the smell changes but I don't remember it being this soon. I'm wondering if it's something I'm eating. I googled it but didn't get a definitive answer. Does anyone else's EBF LO smell bad already?

Re: EBF baby's mamas!

• Yup, my baby girl smells like her father. It is really kind of funny.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited August 2013
    My baby's farts and poop smell just like mine! Lol. I guess it makes sense we eat the same thing (via bm).
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha @nkaeding about festering. My LO is stinky too!
  • I can smell when LO has a dirty diaper. It smells like the typical BM BM, but he also poops multiple times a day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• My LO's poop still smells sort of sweet. Odd but I read it was normal.

• Yeah, LO just went 3 days without a BM, and yesterday it was a poosplosion that smelled so bad. Before when he went daily I thought it kind of smelled good, like cream cheese, lol.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My LO's poop still smells sort of sweet. Odd but I read it was normal.

Same here.

photo 0828131617b_zps9ddbb9a9.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• NKaeding said:
    I've noticed the smell more now that she's only pooping every few days. At the beginning, they didn't smell. Now it's like they fester.
    I thought that could be the reason too. She goes every 3-5 days so it makes sense. 

• It has always smelled awful! Thank goodness for the diaper genie since he poops many times every day. There is no way I would describe them as sweet smelling!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Yes, his poops still mostly have that BF baby poop smell but oy some of his farts smell like something died!! He has dairy/soy issues so I figured that was just his tummy acting up. I don't remember DD's smelling like that.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • ebille said:
    Yeah, LO just went 3 days without a BM, and yesterday it was a poosplosion that smelled so bad. Before when he went daily I thought it kind of smelled good, like cream cheese, lol.
    Lol...I can see the cream cheese comparison. We haven't had the sweet smelling stuff in a few weeks now.

• valstulas said:
    I can smell when LO has a dirty diaper. It smells like the typical BM BM, but he also poops multiple times a day.
    this is E too.  It's not too terrible but a definite scent....

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have noticed that the BMs actually stink now. (Seven weeks today.) The smells changed over the last two weeks. I have to remind myself not to say "eewww" to LO, they smell so poopy. And there are no more curds.

I read that their metabolism changes after week five, so I'm guessing that's probably why.
  • DD'a poops are very stinky! It surprised me too!
  • I was wondering about this too actually, LO's diapers today smell different, sharper smelling.. That's the only way I can think to describe it?
  • Mine smells like chicken mcnuggets when she has a full diaper. I don't eat mcnuggets, but that's what she smells like. My weird girl. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Mine smells like chicken mcnuggets when she has a full diaper. I don't eat mcnuggets, but that's what she smells like. My weird girl. :)

I never go to McDonald's but I had a wild hair for nuggets and a smoothie the other day. When I opened the nuggets, I couldn't help but think that they smelled like baby poop! I'm glad I'm not the only one who made this connection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"