Minnesota Babies

State fair Tips

Hi everyone, Every year someone posts this (or it's asked about) & I am shocked I have yet to see it yet, so I thought I would post this little bit of information for all the moms with little ones. Well at the fair & you need a SWEET place to feed/change your child check out the MyTalk booth (U16 Randall)  they always have a fully enclosed (aka dark) tent only for Moms & babies. I didn't go in this year (as Mr.AARP is no longer a baby, don't even think of calling him that ... he will yell at you) but in years past they have had rockers, fully stocked dipper changing areas, things to drink, helpful staff to help with whatever need you may have. & AC/Fans. It's so nice to have a place that is very super clean & calming to feed the little ones. 

There is also a nice Changing & feeding area inside the First aid/police station across from Heritage Square (if looking on the map it's G24). 

I did post on my Blog a (kinda) long list of (mostly) Free stuff Mr.AARP loves to do at the fair. We did go today for a short time & I will be posting a review on some things we were planning on seeing & others I was not shortly but I wanted to get this out before I forgot. 

I would love to hear what everyone thought of the fair 

Re: State fair Tips

• On the north side of the new $2M Bathrooms south of the Grandstand there is a "family restroom" (didn't go in, but I'm assuming it's a single-stall)... 

Parking - we've always had luck parking in the paid lots south of the grounds.  It's a lot easier than trying to lug everything on the shuttle busses (and safer)... 

The barns are GREAT with kids - just please be kind/safe around the livestock! (Preferably leave the kiddo in the stroller)  Animals can get jumpy if you approach them wrong and exhibitors are moving/stopping them on purpose.  The animals are bigger than your child in most cases, and even though the sheep, goat, or pig is cute and smaller, they can injure someone easily.  I witnessed a near miss at our county fair where someone's ~16mo spooked a steer and it could have ended in disaster for the kid if the steer had kicked.  Just like approaching a dog/pet, ask before you approach someone's livestock animal to touch it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes times a million for the MyTalk 107.1 Lactation Station! Such an amazing place to take a break if you are brave enough to bring your babe to the Great MN Get Together!
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, if you have other kids check out the Alphabet Forest in the NE corner (across from 4-H building). They provide a ton of wonderful literacy activities that kids can do while Mommy and baby rest on a shaded bench. :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"