July 2012 Moms

Update: Early Intervention

So we had our EI consult this afternoon. They basically just did a few little developmental tests and questionnaires and went over the process and the program with me. We will have to have a big interdisciplinary meeting (hopefully within the next week) to officially determine which services he will need and to set everything up, but she says the only thing she thinks he qualifies for right now is the speech therapy. I know it seems early to some people to begin speech, but I'm really glad now that we did decide to go through with the process. I'm excited for him to get started with it, it definitely feels like a step in the right direction. Thank you so much to those who were thinking about us! My "real life" friends have yet to even ask how it went today.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update: Early Intervention

• Good I'm glad you're happy about the appointment and the plan to move forward!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How great to have a plan! Keep the updates coming.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear the appointment went well!
  • I can't wait to hear all these new words Graham starts rattling off soon.  So glad you have a plan that you are happy with!
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Glad it went well for you! My nephew started speech therapy through EI a couple months ago because he wasn't talking or making many noises (at 18 months) and it's helped him tremendously, he's now making a lot more noises and says quite a few words - so hopefully it'll be the nudge Graham needs to start chattering!!

• Thank you guys!

@kimmer1412 at our 12 month appt our pedi told us to call at 13 months if he still wasn't saying any words. He wasn't saying anything at 13 months, so he went ahead and referred us to EI for a consultation.
  • Glad everything went well.  Thanks for the update.
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"