Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby Rash

My 1 month old has the horrible baby acne all over her face, neck, and even ears. The dr just said that it would go away in a couple of months and a warm washcloth, then keeping it dry could help. With my first though, I could've sworn that they gave me cream for it. Is anyone else having this with their LO? I feel bad because it is all over her face and is really dry. Can't be comfortable for her although it doesn't seem to be bothering her.

Re: Baby Rash

• Options
    My LO has this same issue! She is one month, as well. I was going to actually post something on this. The baby acne started on one cheek, now it's full blown on both cheeks, forehead, ears and neck. It makes me sad to watch them spread but it doesn't seem to bother her. They appear redder when warm out.

In addition she also has a diaper rash. I know these are common too but I'll be calling her doc today for steps for care. If anyone on this thread has input Id appreciate it! The rash is around her anus, Bright red, some raised bumps. Sigh...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My LO had cradle cap travel down over his face. I had to scrub it to get the dead skin off (ew) but my pedi said to put CeraVe on it when it looked dry. It's not a baby specific product and it's with the reg lotions at Cvs. It has worked really well. I only put on a tiny bit, but it moisturizes really well and helps when his face seems itchy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's normal. Just leave it be. No reason for a cream. If anything put some breast milk on it. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Virgo1986 said:
    My LO has this same issue! She is one month, as well. I was going to actually post something on this. The baby acne started on one cheek, now it's full blown on both cheeks, forehead, ears and neck. It makes me sad to watch them spread but it doesn't seem to bother her. They appear redder when warm out. In addition she also has a diaper rash. I know these are common too but I'll be calling her doc today for steps for care. If anyone on this thread has input Id appreciate it! The rash is around her anus, Bright red, some raised bumps. Sigh...

@virgo1986 Try using a wet washcloth or cotton balls squirted with water instead of wipes to clean up a poop. Be sure that baby's butt is completely dry before putting on cream/clean diaper. We tried a bunch of creams and what worked best for us is the Burt's Bees. It stays in place for a long time and worked way better than desitin, triple paste, arbonne, and Vaseline.

Naked time is good, too... Try to let her bum air out as much as you can. Lay her on a thick towel or something waterproof and let her play.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

Virgo1986 said:

My LO has this same issue! She is one month, as well. I was going to actually post something on this. The baby acne started on one cheek, now it's full blown on both cheeks, forehead, ears and neck. It makes me sad to watch them spread but it doesn't seem to bother her. They appear redder when warm out.

In addition she also has a diaper rash. I know these are common too but I'll be calling her doc today for steps for care. If anyone on this thread has input Id appreciate it! The rash is around her anus, Bright red, some raised bumps. Sigh...

@virgo1986 Try using a wet washcloth or cotton balls squirted with water instead of wipes to clean up a poop. Be sure that baby's butt is completely dry before putting on cream/clean diaper. We tried a bunch of creams and what worked best for us is the Burt's Bees. It stays in place for a long time and worked way better than desitin, triple paste, arbonne, and Vaseline.

Naked time is good, too... Try to let her bum air out as much as you can. Lay her on a thick towel or something waterproof and let her play.

I second this advice for switching out the wipes. Also, we asked about a similar diaper rash at DS' one month appt and were given a prescription powder to clear it - so angry red bumps (almost little scabs) that don't go away may need more than typical attention.

OP - As for your original question I also called pedi about this today and was told the same. It is typical to develop at 1 month, can take a month or more to clear, and no treatment needed as it is not harmful to baby (unless baby starts showing signs of distress, obviously). Hard to look at the extent of the bumps and not want to do something about it - but at least it doesn't phase LO... New fun part will be convincing MIL of the same...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"