1st Trimester

Sex during first trimester?!?

Is sex during first trimester safe? I'm 11 weeks. But I've been told its risky and that reaching orgasm makes your chances of miscarriage higher. Not gonna lie I've refrained from sex since I was told this. I wanna do everything i can to keep baby safe and healthy. Anyone have any input?

Re: Sex during first trimester?!?

• It's completely safe unless you've been told otherwise by your doctor for a specific medical issue.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Who has been telling you these things? They're misinformed.

Agreed with PP - it's safe unless your doctor has told you otherwise. If you want more reassurance, give your doctor a call to double check.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • I've never heard anything about an orgasm causing you to possibly have a miscarriage. That's completely false. You can have orgasms in your sleep so I don't see the harm in having actual sex to have one too. ;)
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I agree w/all PP, but I wanted to add - the blood vessels in your vagina might be engorged due the the pregnancy, so if you experience a little spotting, don't worry (unless it continues well after intercourse).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's completely fine to have sex throughout your pregnancy, unless your doctor recommends otherwise. You have believed an old wives tale, my dear. As a matter of fact, in low risk pregnancies, intercourse has many benefits. Google this, and you can become informed quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"