Birthday Parties

XP carrot cake from back of "what to expect"

There's a recipe in the back of What to Expect in the First Year called "baby's first birthday cake" that's a healthyish no-sugar-added carrot cake. I want to try it out but don't really want to waste the time and money if it's going to be yucky. Anyone here ever make it?

Re: XP carrot cake from back of "what to expect"

• That was DD's first cake. It is labor intensive if you are not usually a from scratch baker. I thought the cake was good, but it will not come out exactly like a conventional cake. Have you ever eaten baked goods that have similar substitutions? It all really depends on your personal tastes. If you only have experience with conventional cakes then this cake will be different and possibly be "yucky" by your standards. My family is accustom to eating baked goods with healthy substitutions so we found this recipe to be tasty.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks! I hate my choice of the word yucky btw; I realize I totally sounded like a picky child. But I appreciate your feedback. I'm all about healthy substitutions, so I think I would enjoy the cake, but I'm not an all-star baker, so maybe I will save it for another occasion when we're not having company over.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't worry about it. I wasn't trying to call you out on it. I only put it in quotes because, while some people would think it is yucky, I do not think the word applies to this cake.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"