April 2014 Moms

Pregant in Midwest Winter

Me-Caciona (30) DH- Dave (41) 9/27/08
Mommy to Nils David since 9/21/11
Expecting Serafina Ann  around 4/23/2014

Re: Pregant in Midwest Winter

• Yuck! Didn't we have a bad enough/looonnngggg enough winter last year!?!?  ~X(
  • I'll be walking my kids to school two blocks in the snow rather than messing with icing streets just that far, then huddling up with a cozy blanket and a book all winter!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck mama! I know how harsh it can be!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok, a good book and cozy blanket does sound wonderful though!
  • New England looks to be frigid and snowy too...I only wish I could ski this year! 
    ~Chrissy 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh not looking forward to the already 1hr drive one way to work
  • ugh, that farmer's almanac said last year we were going to be buried in snow all winter but that prophecy wasn't true.  I may be eating my words later, but i'll believe it when I see it! 

But as for now, bring on FALL!  Im so over this humidity right now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm just glad I made DH buy a new coat last year. I plan in wearing that instead of buying one.
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Luckily my DH has the flexibility to drive me to work.  They do not do a very good job of clearing roads where I live!  I am not looking forward to winter time, brrrr!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I only live a couple miles from work so I'm not worried about it. I am very grateful the majority of my pregnancy will be through the winter, rather than the summer.  Otherwise I would spontaneously combust!

• I can't even think about winter right now.  The last snowfall was less than 4 months ago!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • I miss living in the Midwest! I love winter. It doesn't really snow here. :/ hoping DH will find a job closer to where I grew up. :)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • I guess I would rather be pregnant through winter than the summer. I do worry about  my DHs' hour long commute though!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Snow days for teachers!
  • We live in ohio and our winters are usually horrid. My doctor nicely told me yesterday that the farmers almanac is calling for a bad winter! And to top it off I just switched careers and am driving an hour south to work on the highway! YUCK!
  • kateleestarkateleestar member
    edited August 2013
    I love driving in the snow! Slap some snow tires on my car and outta my way! Wooho! (I live in NE ohio.. Last winter was supposed to suck too, and it was super mild and was a let down.) I'm a December baby, snow is my bff, lol.

Eta, both DH and I work for a utility company, so if it storms, we gotta go to work - even if the city is closed, lol. Oh well.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• I love winter, snow, ice, and cold. Looking forward to it!
    -A well-tended garden is indicative of a well-tended soul.-
    image  image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Come ON! How cute is THIS!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• We just moved to the Midwest from Canada and I'm curious to see what the winter will be like in comparison to Ontario! I just bought two coats today so I'm ready. They are on sale at Motherhood!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • rtv3rtv3 member
    I'm a teacher so I"m just hoping for lots of snow days lol. But DH still has to drive about 45 min. to work every day (and that's in good weather) so I guess I'll be annoyed at snow for his sake :P
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• @stasi it is cute! but i will look more like thisimage
    Me-Caciona (30) DH- Dave (41) 9/27/08
    Mommy to Nils David since 9/21/11
    Expecting Serafina Ann  around 4/23/2014

• I'm not looking forward to snow or ice. When I was pregnant with my son we had a really icy winter, and my work doesn't clear the parking lots. Luckily my DH was able to drop me off. I live pretty close to my mom (who watches DS) and work. Since I'm a teacher we do get snow days if it's really bad. I definitely won't mind this terrible heat being gone though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"