3rd Trimester

baby names

DH and i are naming our little girl Kalinda meaning "The Sun"  we are calling her Kali for short.We decided to name her this after my nanny who passed away last october of cancer her name was linda but everyone called her Sunshine. One day after she passed i was looking at baby names online i decided to see if there was a name that meant sunshine and there it was! it was perfect it paid respect to such an amazing person.  What are ou naming your LO? does it have a special meaning to you or did you just like the name? maybe we can give others some ideas who are still undecided :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: baby names

• We are naming our son Brody Maxwell....insert very common Portuguese last name. We have three girls and they are Emma Dawn, Daphney Mae and Grace Deonea. The only name that is a family name is Grace, it was my husbands grandmothers name. Her middle name was off a yacht we saw on the travel channel and we liked the name. The other names, including Brody, are all just names we liked.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If we have a boy, we're naming him Julian Aleksandr.  When we were making name lists, the husband and I discovered that we'd both always wanted to name a son Julian (I actually had a dream about having a son named Julian when I was in high school), so that decision was easy.  I wanted to honor my sister, Alexis (who goes by Alex), and also my husband's love of Russian history, so we chose the traditional Russian spelling of Alexander as the middle name.

If we have a girl, we're naming her Beatrice Agatha.  I was given my grandmother's middle name, and we've always been close--she's called me her "namesake" since I was little.  Her first name is Beatrice, which I love, so we chose this to honor her and have a third generation namesake.  Agatha is the name of the main character from a webcomic called Girl Genius that my husband and I read together.
    Anniversary
    February Signature Challenge: Valentine's Day GIFs

image     image     image
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2013
    We are naming our little guy Jacob Andrew.  H and I have talked about names since we began TTC and Andrew has always been at the top of the list after my uncle.  Once we found out we were pregnant, we started talking again and just threw out a lot of names and when he said Jacob we both smiled.

ETA:  We had Emilee Kathryn picked out if we were having a girl with Kathryn being after my grandmother.  So once we found out the sex, we started calling him by his name.
  • Our little girl will be named Cate. It is after a lot of Catherines in our families (including my middle name), but we didn't want to go with the full name because of its flow with our first DD's name, Addison, and because we like a more modern feel. We love Cate. Her middle name will be Monet, which is a family name on DH side that we like with Cate.

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • all of these names are super cute! thanks for sharing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are naming our baby girl Abrianna Paige. We happen to hear Abrianna somewhere when I was about halfway through the pregnancy and  loved it (although we get really mixed reviews about it) and Paige is after my niece Raygen Paige that passed away of SIDS about 4 years ago.
  • Our baby boy is going to be a junior, Matthew J. MJ for short. Matthew means gift from God. DH was open with names before we found out the sex, after he wouldn't budge from a jr. I accepted and have loved it ever since!
  • estreyas said:

DH and i are naming our little girl Kalinda meaning "The Sun"  we are calling her Kali for short.We decided to name her this after my nanny who passed away last october of cancer her name was linda but everyone called her Sunshine. One day after she passed i was looking at baby names online i decided to see if there was a name that meant sunshine and there it was! it was perfect it paid respect to such an amazing person.  What are ou naming your LO? does it have a special meaning to you or did you just like the name? maybe we can give others some ideas who are still undecided :)

Just to give you a heads-up... for anyone from a Hindu background, or anyone who has experience with India, when you say "Kali", this is likely to be what pops into their head:

So just be aware of who she may end up meeting in life, and that the nickname will immediately have certain connotations with the 1 billion Hindus worldwide. ;)

lovely.... lol! good thing people are more than their names lol i dont think ive ever seen such and ugly hindu picture!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yeah i read about it after your post she is free to choose which ever she likes its just supposed to be short for kalinda not something everyone will call her. thanks for letting me know tho i never thought to look up what kali meant bc we werent going to call her that all the time and thas not the name anyone outside of family will call her. I told my husband and he thinks its cool typical man thing to say lol!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"