Postpartum Depression
Options

Anyone take Paxil?

I've never had any bouts of depression but have been struggling the past few months and felt I had late onset PPD.

My doctor gave me Paxil and I took the first time this morning and have felt awful.   Yawning non stop, feeling out of body like, dry mouth and diarrhea.  I am also terrified of what I've read in terms of reviews of Paxil.   People have said they have a hard time getting off it and such and I'm only supposed to be on it for 3-6 months.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone take Paxil?

• Options
    I was placed on paxil in the past and absolutely hated it! I hated my Dr that put me on it so when I switched he automatically said, First thing i want to do is take you off of Paxil and switch you to Zoloft. Best decision ever!  It was really rough coming off of the Paxil...I had many more side effects then when I came off the Zoloft.  From what my sister says (shes an RN) Paxil is a very old drug that a lot of Dr's seem to trust because it has been around for a long time, but since then other drugs have been placed on the market that (in her opinion) are so much better with far less side effects.  I would ask your DR. what your other options may be.

Good Luck!
    photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

• Options
    @Pink253 thank you for the info!  I took ONE pill and felt HORRIBLE all day and night and even the next day, so I did not continue.  However, it's now been 2 days since I took it and I still feel bad!  I wonder how long it will take for one measly pill to get out of my system so I can function again.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"