February 2013 Moms

Period question updated

holly321holly321 member
edited August 2013 in February 2013 Moms
I finally got my period, it was only about 7 weeks "late." I normally have very heavy, long (9ish days) periods. But so far, this is ridiculously heavy. For several hours. I have been changing my pad about every hour. I wouldn't necessarily say that I am soaking it, but more changing so I don't. Obviously, I would think it is from going so long without a period. Would you call your doctor? I don't have any other issues. I am not really crampy, not fatigued, etc.... I don't really know what they do. I generally take bcp to help with my heavy bleeding, which I am planning to start taking now.

Re: Period question updated

• So I woke Up in a pool of blood, so I will be calling my doctor.
  • Yikes, I'm so sorry!  I hope you can get in to see your doctor soon and that everything is OK.

• Loading the player...
  • Yikes - I hope everything's ok!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Yikes!! Keep us posted, I hope everything is okay.

• PhieryBFlyPhieryBFly member
    edited August 2013
    You may want to take some iron or eat a steak. I bled that much after a miscarriage and I was faint from blood loss for days. The iron will help fend that off.
  • well, my period was 9 weeks late, and the first 3 days were the heaviest in my life, (oddly with no cramps). I had to change every hour or so. But I also noticed my duration of period shortened, don't know if the same thing will happen next time.
  • Thanks ladies. Since there is an obvious reason why the bleeding is so heavy, the doctor said it isn't a big concern right now, as long as it calms down, and while it is still very heavy, it isn't nearly like it was.
  • Glad you're ok and things are settling down. I was thinking of you.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

• Thank you. It scared the crap out of me.
  • Not to be too tmi, but dh said it looked like the horse head scene from the Godfather.
  • holly321 said:
    Not to be too tmi, but dh said it looked like the horse head scene from the Godfather.
    Yikes. My first PP period after DD1 I remember I managed to leak through a super tampon, a pad, and a liner in less than 1.5 hours. I was definitely concerned, but it tapered off quickly. I hope yours does, too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"