December 2012 Moms
Options

Fall and Winter clothes

That Carter's sale has me thinking...does your LO already have a winter coat? I saw that layer jacket thing on there, and I'm trying to decide if he needs it. I don't want to get one that's going to be too small by the time he needs one, so I can't decide if I should wait, or just go up a size (maybe the 18 mo for December/January). It doesn't get THAT cold here, but he'll need a least a medium weight jacket for winter. So, anyone already have winter gear? And if so, what size?
photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Fall and Winter clothes

• Options
    We are lucky enough that there are so many boys in the family that Killian already has a full set of snowpants & snow jacket as well as snow boots plus a full set of insulated camo/orange gear for hunting season AND boots/spurs/belt/cowboy hat for those long hard days on the trail... Yea I married a redneck cowboy that I somehow convinced to live in a subdivision with me. 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My oldest never needed anything as heavy as a winter coat.  We're in California though.  We're going to Iowa for Thanksgiving though, so I have one for him this year and will need one for my little guy.  I would probably size up one size from where he is now.  They grow much slower after about 10-14 months.  My oldest was in 18-24 month size on his first bday and by his second, he can still technically fit some 24 month stuff (but mostly wears 3T, which is still only 2 sizes up in a whole year). :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We also ended up with hand-me-downs that will work for a full snowsuit and a few lighter jackets that are functional but not in the greatest condition (though she doesn't have any hunting or cowgirl gear yet so I guess I gotta get on that ;) ). I really liked her white carter's sherpa jacket from last winter though (size 6 months) and used it all the time from about 2 months till it warmed up, so I ordered the 18m size in the same thing for this upcoming winter this morning during my Carter's adventure :) Its awesomely fuzzy and was about the right warmth for Oklahoma winter.
    Great minds think alike! I got that one in gray!
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    kjsmith9 's post on this from the other day!
  • Options
    I didn't address the sizing thing though... DD wears 6 or 9 month clothes now, so I ordered all 12 month stuff (including the 4-in-1 coat). She's about 1" and 1.5lbs below the lower range that Carter's lists for the 12 month size, so I figure it'll be perfect come winter.
  • Options
    kjsmith9 said:
    I didn't address the sizing thing though... DD wears 6 or 9 month clothes now, so I ordered all 12 month stuff (including the 4-in-1 coat). She's about 1" and 1.5lbs below the lower range that Carter's lists for the 12 month size, so I figure it'll be perfect come winter.
    Carter's stuff is pretty true to the sizing chart, so you should be fine w/that. My chunky monkey is a size ahead, so I'll be getting 18 mo stuff for winter and that should be good :).
  • Options
    We got Mili a Columbia jacket from the outlet for $17. It's fleece and probably all she will need. DH surprised us and got her a Northface super fleecy and warm snowsuit from the outlet - it was only $40 and has PLENTY of growing room! I was surprised at the price considering how much we paid for our northface gear
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"