C-sections
Options

Did you wear the belly band?

I can't remember the specific name, but I was wondering who wore the belly band that was given to you at the hospital.  Does it actually help with the overhang/ muscle tightening or is it just for the pain?  If you wore it, how long?  I haven't worn mine at all because I thought it was just for the pain and it didn't seem to help me when I tried at the hospital, but someone just told me that it's supposed to help with the overhang and muscle tightening too.  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Did you wear the belly band?

• Options
    Yea I had trouble figuring out the right positioning too...
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I wore it for my first walk in the hospital but found it very uncomfortable and never put it on again. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't have any overhang even without ever wearing it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wasn't given one, I wasn't told to get one, I never even heard of it till I found this board.  
  • Options
    Mine helped a ton!  I wore it everyday for about 2 wks.  It really helped with pain and the my muscles tightening.
  • Options
    I wore it for at least two weeks. Even when I slept. I felt so much more comfortable with it on
  • Options
    mysticl said:
    I wasn't given one, I wasn't told to get one, I never even heard of it till I found this board.  
    This was me for both c-sections.  I ended up buying a Target brand wrap and a Belly Bandit Bamboo.  I wore both of them for support only.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I loved it. In the hospital I always had the nurse help me put it on because she got it in a way better position than I could, much lower and tighter than I would have.
  • Options

I wore it for my first walk in the hospital but found it very uncomfortable and never put it on again. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't have any overhang even without ever wearing it.

Same here!
  • Options
    I wore it at least the first two weeks. It helped so much with pain, and support, the overhang, and provided a little barrier when I burped LO on MG shoulder and his little feet would kick my sore belly. The nurses at my hospital gave me one and said have the top just below your belly button so yes it did cover my incision.
  • Options
    I wore mine for about 10 days. It covered my incision and I felt so much better with it on, it was much easier for me to move around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"